Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for top RS6 tuners..

Looking for top RS6 tuners..

I have a RS6 in Berkeley California at Griffin Motorwerkes. We are ready to start tuning. I am trying to find someone that has lots of experience tuning our cars.

I am running upgraded new turbos (clipped wheels), 100% Methanol (Aquamist), Aces lV (gas treatment) and Aces lV-A (methanol treatment), FMU intake, Okada direct ignition coils COP, Wagner ICs. I also have a STE PPD display installed. Oh yeah, a 517 built transmission with MTM TCU. Loads of other bits and pieces for suspension and mounts.

Just gathering experienced and accomplished tuners to contact. We are ready next week to start tuning.

Thanks for any input. The fun part is finally about to begin!

Viper, Eurocharged, 10SecS4 (Marc)...all seem to have solid track records.

Sweet list of mods, should tune very well. Just make sure you have Ross-Tech software to confirm data and fine tune if needed.

I've got mine tuned close to the max for my setup, but may have started to destroy the trans in 8 months with all the torque, be careful...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks lswing. What is ME7 fueling?

The Eurocharged My Genius handheld programmer looks very interesting. Anyone using the handheld?

Flashing software is all new to me. I come from the RX7 world where mostly full stand alone systems are used on big horsepower.

Interested in 10SecS4's tune.

The ME7 is the name of the ECU software basically, I'm just adding more fuel in using a simple program that accesses basic ECU settings. This is required because I have a Revo tune that only adjusts boost and timing, leading to a lean condition.

Agree that Euro handheld looks like a nice option for adjusting.

10Sec has the fastest drag time recorded with his tune, awfully tempting...I've never seen a data log though representing the safety of it, but it's been on some cars for years. Both Euro and Viper seem to be within safe bounds, and fast. APR is top notch, but $2k...

Glad to see you're running the water meth, world of difference in the summer for preventing heat soak effects....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have been trying to get a hold of 10SecS4 for days. I now understand why 10SecS4 is not answering my PMs. His mailbox if full. Anyone know how to get his attention. I am ready to tune Tuesday..

Thanks,
    Christopher

Will you be running standard 91oct crap CA fuel? The Aces will help as will the meth but your still limited by that 91oct ethanol crap.

I assume your running stock turbos with modified wheels? Stock fuel system?

What about the exhaust? What downpipes?

Your asking for a tall order on a box shelf tune. You really need a live road tune by someone with experience. That turbo change and more importantly the FMU will throw off any box stage tune from all the usual suspects.

Drive the car up the guy in the PacNW that does the 6sp tunes. Or fly him down but that gets $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    I have a RS6 in Berkeley California at Griffin Motorwerkes. We are ready to start tuning. I am trying to find someone that has lots of experience tuning our cars.

I am running upgraded new turbos (clipped wheels), 100% Methanol (Aquamist), Aces lV (gas treatment) and Aces lV-A (methanol treatment), FMU intake, Okada direct ignition coils COP, Wagner ICs. I also have a STE PPD display installed. Oh yeah, a 517 built transmission with MTM TCU. Loads of other bits and pieces for suspension and mounts.

Just gathering experienced and accomplished tuners to contact. We are ready next week to start tuning.

Thanks for any input. The fun part is finally about to begin!

91 CA crap. I can get 92 CA but they only sell it in bulk. I can't actually pull up and pump it.

Clipped stock turbos, stock fuel system, Full Milltek exhaust.

Yes, box tunes make no sense where I come from...built RX7. We go to the dyno and tune. Everything I read about these flash tunes sounds compromised.

Who is this PacNW tuner? I will drive up for sure. I have felt uneasy about box tunes. Seems like you leave a lot on the table..

The locals up in WA know him. AMD tuning I think? Good guy and does lots of RS6s up in that area. He has also solved the 6sp tune on these things.

You are correct about box tune leaving things on the table.

Would it be Addicted Motorsport Design... AMD?

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...ners-RS6-Flash

Send a PM to N_Stamp and get his number.

Addict Motorsport Design LLC
    19501 144th Ave NE, Woodinville, WA 98072
    (425) 424-2165
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

(not to hijack but maybe save you a few $$) If you are looking at Eurocharged I have Dimsport mygenius handheld for sale. You should still just need to purchase the tune from them. Its a pretty good option for going between stock/tuned.
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Thrillhouse, double check but Eurocharge told me that the Dimsport they sold me was VIN coded to my car and I couldn't use it on another one? When I launch it, it does come up with my VIN.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I passed your comment on to Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    I have been trying to get a hold of 10SecS4 for days. I now understand why 10SecS4 is not answering my PMs. His mailbox if full. Anyone know how to get his attention. I am ready to tune Tuesday..

Thanks,
    Christopher
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Thrillhouse, double check but Eurocharge told me that the Dimsport they sold me was VIN coded to my car and I couldn't use it on another one? When I launch it, it does come up with my VIN.
    My understanding is the tune itself is vin locked. The Dimsport should be able to load and unload whatever is on it. If course they would be the best source but it should still be a deal
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

not sure if it works the same, but when i had a tuner on my truck it was only vin locked when you load a tune, if you put it back to stock you can use it on another, only up to 3 times though.

Spoke to Jason Petek of Addict Motorsport Design today. I am going to get Griffin Motorwerke to work with Jason getting it flashed and running. Then drive up to Washington and have Jason finish the tune on his dyno.

Thanks for the input. I will update later next month..

I'll just leave this here....

Sunol (between San Jose and Pleasanton)
    Sunol Super
    3004 Andrade Road (925) 862-0577
    It's just off Hwy 680 on Adrade Road, about 500 feet East of the exit.

http://www.davebarton.com/Unleaded_Racing_Fuel_in_SoCal

Enjoy