Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for top RS6 tuners..

Going with EPL. Tony is the one that sold me my modified turbos and injectors. At least he returns calls and emails!

I gave up on Jason at AMD. 10SecS4 was not easy to communicate with either. I don't like being made to feel like I am bothering people to give them money.

I will report my progress.

Oh, I have to say that Viper and Eurocharged got back to me the fastest...

Thanks for the

Keep us posted, would really like to see how this car turns out!

Griffin motorwerke, eh? Still owned by Terry or did he retire?
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    Going with EPL. Tony is the one that sold me my modified turbos and injectors. At least he returns calls and emails!

I gave up on Jason at AMD. 10SecS4 was not easy to communicate with either. I don't like being made to feel like I am bothering people to give them money.

I will report my progress.

Oh, I have to say that Viper and Eurocharged got back to me the fastest...

Thanks for the
    Nope, Terry is still there.

....My favorite Bay Area euro performance and race shop is Marin Motorsports.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Bump... Any updates?

Yeah, I finally got to go pick it up Saturday but it was totally pouring rain..(we need it) so didn't get to get into it. Then a couple of days later it dried up and I'm ready to let it rip and it goes to limp mode. The Aquamist system is being a bitch and Aquamist local rep in Santa Rosa California has basically given us wrong information every time we talk to him. The home office in England has been no help either. They had to finally admit they don't know how to make it work on our cars?!??!? I don't get it.

Anyway the mechanic Danny at Griffin is trying to get it worked out. I am driving back down to Berkeley tomorrow and let them keep it for a week or so. It was running perfect for the longest time for them and then limp mode. I haven't had time to pull a code and see.

Otherwise it is an absolute beautiful setup. I will elaborate in the build thread once it is sorted.

Aquamist may be a bad ass system but they are not impressing me at this stage.

Shouldn't be much difference with the AM kit, odd. Just goes off boost right, or does for my simpler DO kit.

Any idea what put you into limp mode, shouldn't be the water meth.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

IIRC the AM stuff uses injector pulse signals to send the fluid. I remember reading articles and opinions on which is better and there didn't seem to be a clear consensus.

IMO a boost signal would be simpler, and again IMO, simpler is better.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

They are thinking it is the meth injection as it was had done it before. We will find out later this morning.

Terry had previously used DO with great success...but I had to have Aquamist. He agrees it is a very nice system but something is throwing into limp mode and not just straight away. I don't think is that big of a deal. The bigger deal is it is a 5 hour drive to Berkeley and a 1.5 hour plane ride home.

All for the love of speed...or is it projects.

Not suggesting you tear out the aquamist system but AEM offers a water/meth kit and they're based out of California if I'm not mistaken...

Good luck getting it sorted. At least you can drive it up and not flatbed it!

I would ask for the logs, it should give you an idea of what is causing the limp mode. Maybe the AM causing a short with its connections.

Love the speed, kinda like the projects, not too excited about the $ sometimes....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    The ME7 is the name of the ECU software basically, I'm just adding more fuel in using a simple program that accesses basic ECU settings. This is required because I have a Revo tune that only adjusts boost and timing, leading to a lean condition.
    LSWING i never received and Email from you regaurding the ME7. daniel.robinson@applusrtd.com
    Thanks in advance for the reply

Aquamist isn't the problem. It was getting a too rich code and going into limp mode.

The seals that go between the FMU intake and the intake manifold are leaking..so says the smoke test. We are going to get the stock intake back on and see if Terry is correct. If so I think I am going to remove the FMU and go back to stock. This thing makes all the power down low and I doubt that intake does much until the upper RPMs. It will also make it easier to smog this beast here in the silly state of CA.

Might be another FMU intake back on the block soon...

Quote Originally Posted by BigD2500HD View Post
    LSWING i never received and Email from you regaurding the ME7. daniel.robinson@applusrtd.com
    Thanks in advance for the reply
    Got busy, sending now....one moment...