Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: 6MT Conversion Project

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    I am pretty sure I would be back in the future (next year). This time I would be following your lead again. To the S6/RS6 Avant with 6MT.
    Geez..if you thought the RS6 swap was a bear...you're asking for trouble with a RS6/S6 Avant manual swap.....
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Geez..if you thought the RS6 swap was a bear...you're asking for trouble with a RS6/S6 Avant manual swap.....
    Pretty much my thoughts I gave up and imported one.
    www.advancedautomotion.com

having done one, I would do another one, but I'd try to buy someone's first...
    2013 Audi S8

I would be open to that. By the time I'm ready Steve should be just about ready to sell if this cycle continues. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    having done one, I would do another one, but I'd try to buy someone's first...
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

If you don't mind, what was the total cost to import an RS6 avant and how many miles/km were on it? Car price, taxes, shipping, changes to car to make legal, etc

Quote Originally Posted by scottmandu View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts I gave up and imported one.

Quote Originally Posted by RAUDI View Post
    If you don't mind, what was the total cost to import an RS6 avant and how many miles/km were on it? Car price, taxes, shipping, changes to car to make legal, etc
    That is information that is being tabulated and increased on a regular basis. I anticipate being in it at least 25-30K by the time it's all done. Currently considering parting it if I can sell some of the big ticket items.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmandu View Post
    That is information that is being tabulated and increased on a regular basis. I anticipate being in it at least 25-30K by the time it's all done. Currently considering parting it if I can sell some of the big ticket items.
    Jesus. I can wait the 3 years until I can import one legally....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Jesus. I can wait the 3 years until I can import one legally....
    You Canadians are lucky.

the rs6 avant cost can very depending on what route you go. Im passing around the 30K mark on my whole project, but that is including alot of upgrades like a TDI transmission and nice clutch, intercoolers. So a real deal import is definitely gonna cost you some more and you dont even get the manual yet!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

This $25-$30k is over and above the cost of that car? Or all in, including the car?
    2013 Audi S8

Yeah that is including 11k s6 avant purchase.
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

That doesn't seem super outrageous. I am past 28,000 with the purchase of the car included and still not done. But that was with lot of upgraded parts too. I wish I had done the TDI tranny while I had it out. Oh, well. Live and learn.

BTW, Mine is back on the road. Steve seems to have hit the nail on the head with the return line gasket. I think the stuff from a couple weeks ago was the residual from the leak. I drove about 50 miles yesterday, 60 today, and it sat running for an hour while I charged the A/C with refrigerant and had no issues. It's nice to driver her again.

The saga continues. The transmission, clutch, and turbos are all off of my list of things that require repair. She has another 400 miles on her since finding the turbo was not actually leaking.

I am adding something new. It began last night. I started the car and noticed a rough idle. Left for the store and realized I had no brake assist and idle was up to 2000 rpm. I have done no troubleshooting so far, but assume it is the brake booster. The brake pedal makes a smooshy noise and I have to exert a lot of force to stop the car.

Weigh in if you have ideas. I probably won't get to fixing it until the weekend, so parked she shall remain.

Vacuum leak.
    2013 Audi S8

Going by the advice of the guy in this post on RS246 with the same symptoms its the 058 133 753 D Suction pump.
    Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC Stage 1+ remap, MRC Air Filters, Custom Exhaust (no rear mufflers), Wagner Intercoolers, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers and H&R Rollbars.

Yup, suction jet pump, just did it two weeks ago, my idle peaked a little higher trying to build pressure, but yea, suction jet pump for the win. 1700 out the door from my dealer by an RS tech with all the seals in the general area replaced as well.

Goodness gracious. Well. These seem to be exactly the problems. I'm going to get the parts on order now to hopefully get to it this weekend or the following. I'm hoping to be well under 10% of $1700 though. I'll keep track.
    Thanks for the quick help guys.

Has anyone re-routed the hoses to keep them on top?

Yea I wish i had the stones to do it in my garage on a daily driver, but yea that's why I had to pay the piper. I have the bill still on the counter at home so let me know if you are curious on part numbers or prices on my bill. I literally got it back like 8 or 10 days ago.

I don't think you could reroute and still get the airbox assembly to seat. I have a big enough issue seating my airbox with what is there already.