Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F$&@ing Old People!

F$&@ing Old People!

Old bat slammed into my RS6 yesterday....took out the passenger side quarter panel, rear bumper and gouged the shit out of my Sportec Mono10. They should make them take yearly tests to ensure they are still able to drive safely after 60.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Sorry to hear. I had a deer take out my S8 a couple weeks ago. The insurance co Totalled it.
    Sincerely,
    Graydon

I fully agree.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    Old bat slammed into my RS6 yesterday....took out the passenger side quarter panel, rear bumper and gouged the shit out of my Sportec Mono10. They should make them take yearly tests to ensure they are still able to drive safely after 60.
    I would be really upset after something like this also. But that doesn't really help much. I would then look at my car, realize that the damage was minor (hopefully, in your case) and that the car suffered no ill affect by the incident. With these cars however, something like this will likely total it. This is where the suck part starts - dealing with insurance companies. Get the absolute max you can out of it, buy it back, and mod the hell out of it with the proceeds. Win win. One last thing - we all hope to be 60+ someday. Think about that.....
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

I think Paul Newman raced well into his 60s just sayin

The roads are filled with accidents from all classes of drivers. Teens may be the worst and I think numbers and data fall that direction. The 20 something males are the next worst. It sucks the car is damaged and driving defensive is the best we can do.

I didn't say take away driving privileges at 60.....I said mandatory safety exams.
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    I didn't say take away driving privileges at 60.....I said mandatory safety exams.
    I realize that. Kind of hits home though - my father in law, 72, was just declined his driver's license. Might as well have broken both of legs and both of his arms as to how it has affected him. It was justified though, he had really declined with space perception and situational awareness. My father, OTOH, 75, is already looking past the end date of his 4 year on a 2010 A4 2.0, which was loaded just right. He is asking me about the Q5 Tdi, and how it will better for him to see, and get in and out of. I told him when he was ready, I would help him with the options list..... ; >
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Listen, I get it. You said F#c$%ing old people.

I said teenagers cause more accidents on the roads followed by 20 something males. Lets driver test them every year.

Its dangerous out there and defensive driving is the only answer. When I get in traffic or congested parking lots....off goes the Pandora and on goes my brain. Always have an exit.

Rugged deal.
    Similar thing happened to my B6 S4 avant 5-6 years ago. Car was in the shop for a month. Marie Collanders parking lot. I don't eat at old folks restaurants anymore.....
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

There was a reason the mandatory retirement age for pilots used to be 60......

I think not only should you be tested more frequently as you get older, but at ALL ages you should be tested on vehicle size. My wife is a good driver, but when she got behind the wheel of my F250 CrewCab truck, it was a HUGE adjustment for her, and took a couple times to get comfortable behind the wheel. She's rock solid now, but some people just don't have the skills to judge size that much. Now, when I pickup my F350 CrewCab Dually... she's said she'll only drive that in a life-or-death emergency. Even better would be if the U.S. would implement driving tests like what is in place in Europe where you actually have to PROVE that you can maneuver the vehicle in traffic, on roads, etc. Our tests here are a joke.

yea being able to do a 3 pt turn on a side street does not mean you are ready to navigate traffic. i consider myself a pretty good driver but when i was in houston for the race a few weekends ago, the traffic was almost too much for even me to handle.
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Quote Originally Posted by Papadelogan View Post
    I think not only should you be tested more frequently as you get older, but at ALL ages you should be tested on vehicle size. My wife is a good driver, but when she got behind the wheel of my F250 CrewCab truck, it was a HUGE adjustment for her, and took a couple times to get comfortable behind the wheel. She's rock solid now, but some people just don't have the skills to judge size that much. Now, when I pickup my F350 CrewCab Dually... she's said she'll only drive that in a life-or-death emergency. Even better would be if the U.S. would implement driving tests like what is in place in Europe where you actually have to PROVE that you can maneuver the vehicle in traffic, on roads, etc. Our tests here are a joke.
    Ummm...a government official giving more testing.....I hate that idea....and I consider myself a Democrat :/

I was lucky that I was alert, as this woman made an illegal left turn crossing a double yellow line, out of a parking lot onto a 45mph 4 lane highway. Had there been oncoming traffic I would have had no choice but to hit her head on. She had the handicapped license plate as well. She got several tickets and admitted to the officer that she was wrong and never saw me. I think over 60 mandatory safety/eye exam every time renewal comes up is a more than reasonable requirement.

And yes, I did say F*!@ing Old People because just last week one was pulling out in front of my F450 loaded up with a 14k trailer behind me......layed on the horn and had to swerve or they would have been dead....so yes.... F*$&@ing Old People
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that. They should make it a serious crime to damage a vehicle where less than 1000 examples were produced

On a different note........anyone have a spare 19" Sportec Mono 10 they would be willing to sell?
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroRS View Post
    teenagers cause more accidents on the roads followed by 20 something males. Lets driver test them every year.
    A teenager can't just wake up one morning and be the perfect driver. It's gotta be learned and alot comes with experience in the traffic itself.

There's been alot of changes to the traffic since the 60+'s were teenagers themselves. All of a sudden, they have to navigate in roundabouts, huge intersections and tight parkinglots, when their used to driving some old rusty pickup in some cornfield in Alabama. The amount of cars then and now have multiplied many times since JFK weared diapers.

There is alot of drivers who are 60+ and even 70+ that are good and safe drivers. Though, battling with bad eyesight, hearing and being stubborn as a mule in traffic doesn't make anyone a good driver.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Daughter went to this....not a lot of wheel time, but fun.....if you have a teenager...it's well worth it ..i.e. FREE

http://driversedge.org/