My trunk latch has had a problem with not locking for a couple of months now, and I just got around to doing something about it. Basically, the latch worked just fine (remote, key, exterior release lever, interior release lever) but it wouldn't lock. I could hear the motor mechanism work when I hit the lock button, but I could still open it with the exterior handle. Which, of course, would set off the alarm.

After taking the trunk lid liner off (a fairly easy process involving two screws in the handle for pulling the lid closed, two in the reflective triangle holder, one inside the inside release lever, two carpet covered ones through the liner itself, and a bunch of spring clips), the latch mechanism was exposed. The problem was immediately obvious: the lever arm connected to the lock motor was broken. I found the broken piece in a pocket between the trunk lid skin and the reinforcing bracing. I decided to pull the whole lever piece out to epoxy it back together by removing the circlip that held it in place, and that's when the spring fell out. The problem is, I don't know where it goes and I'm ready to put it back together. Does anyone have an answer? The pic below shows the broken piece and the spring in question.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5156.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	14307

I've done some poking around online and didn't have any luck finding a photo or diagram showing where it goes..