Thread: test drove 2013 s7 yesterday

test drove 2013 s7 yesterday

Got a chance to test drive 2013 s7 yesterday. First impression is very strong here. The front seats coddle you and are yet very supportive. The car felt much smaller inside like a two door sport car. It happened to be a very rainy day but the rear end biased quattro and the performance was a match for my apr 500 hp plus rs/6. Technology - driver assist, night vision, surround cameras, lane assist, lane change assist oh my. The engine sounded wonderful when it hits its revs and too my delight was the blip or rev match on the paddle downshift.

Negative is a used 2013 with 18k miles 79900 and it was garnet red. As usual the car sales guy gives you the what will it take to make you buy it today, I said paint it black and I will give you 73k. There is only about 12 used in the country ranging from the 90k to 79k. Prices remain high, very little depreciation.

All that being said:

For Sale
    2003 rs/6
    79800 miles
    apr chip engine and tip
    apr diverters
    hartmann forged rs/4 19 inch rims
    koni yellow shocks no drc
    audi gold powertrain warranty to 100k miles
    3m clear bra
    black on black
    hot weather package

Second owner bought it in 2006 with 17k miles. Have all the maintenance records, original tranny and timing belt. I will post pics and make a better ad, but I will be selling in the next 90 days.

I believe it is going to be in the 25k range.

Thoughts????

A couple of questions

Can you post the last 6 of the VIN? Nice to see another trans make it that far....esp with a good tune.

Are you saying that the original timing belt is still in the car?

I share your thoughts on the S7. We were on vacation in Colorado this summer and Elk Mountain Audi had 2 S6s and an S7. It was the first time I had the chance to see both of them. The S6 will be my next vehicle. Its just a matter of when I'm ready to give up one of my RS6s.

GLWS....clean well sorted RS6s are worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by dab View Post
    Got a chance to test drive 2013 s7 yesterday. First impression is very strong here. The front seats coddle you and are yet very supportive. The car felt much smaller inside like a two door sport car. It happened to be a very rainy day but the rear end biased quattro and the performance was a match for my apr 500 hp plus rs/6. Technology - driver assist, night vision, surround cameras, lane assist, lane change assist oh my. The engine sounded wonderful when it hits its revs and too my delight was the blip or rev match on the paddle downshift.

Negative is a used 2013 with 18k miles 79900 and it was garnet red. As usual the car sales guy gives you the what will it take to make you buy it today, I said paint it black and I will give you 73k. There is only about 12 used in the country ranging from the 90k to 79k. Prices remain high, very little depreciation.

All that being said:

For Sale
    2003 rs/6
    79800 miles
    apr chip engine and tip
    apr diverters
    hartmann forged rs/4 19 inch rims
    koni yellow shocks no drc
    audi gold powertrain warranty to 100k miles
    3m clear bra
    black on black
    hot weather package

Second owner bought it in 2006 with 17k miles. Have all the maintenance records, original tranny and timing belt. I will post pics and make a better ad, but I will be selling in the next 90 days.

I believe it is going to be in the 25k range.

Thoughts????

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    A couple of questions

Can you post the last 6 of the VIN? Nice to see another trans make it that far....esp with a good tune.

Are you saying that the original timing belt is still in the car?

I share your thoughts on the S7. We were on vacation in Colorado this summer and Elk Mountain Audi had 2 S6s and an S7. It was the first time I had the chance to see both of them. The S6 will be my next vehicle. Its just a matter of when I'm ready to give up one of my RS6s.

GLWS....clean well sorted RS6s are worth every penny.
    last six of the vin 905411

Unless the timing belt was done at the 50k service, it is still the same. I am having all the records pulled.

Unless the timing belt was done at the 50k service, it is still the same. I am having all the records pulled.
    danger Will Robinson ... don't mess around with timing belt, get it changed ... even if it was changed at the first required interval (35k), it should have been changed again at 75k
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Sept/03 build date?

We are getting closer to find the VIN cutoff for the "good transmissions"

Yeah, that timing belt really needs done. If not done at 50 I would not even drive the car to the shop.

last six of the vin 905411

Sept/03 build date?

We are getting closer to find the VIN cutoff for the "good transmissions"

Yeah, that timing belt really needs done. If not done at 50 I would not even drive the car to the shop.
    I don't see that happening before I sell, would just take off the price.

Maybe it was done at 50?

Can you confirm month on the build date? Door jamb vin plate shows the month built.

I don't see that happening before I sell, would just take off the price.

Maybe it was done at 50?

Can you confirm month on the build date? Door jamb vin plate shows the month built.
    09/03 build date

I also confirmed it had the timing belt replaced at the 35k warranty work.
    Last edited by dab; November 8th, 2013 at 14:43.