Thread: Warranty on a 6 speed swap with 63k?

Warranty on a 6 speed swap with 63k?

Is it worth it? Can it be done? Where would the best place to get one be?
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

Not really sure it's worth it...the trans ($7k) and tc ($4k) are out of the way. I'd be surprised if you could get good coverage on such a modified car. That said, plenty of other problems can arise with the RS6, sensors, wiring, lines, seals....

You know, mechanically the RS6 really seems sound is my impression, sans TC and Trans...it's the sensors, electronics, cables, hoses and such that seem to be a real PITA...I guess they get cooked, or are lower grade/faulty parts.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Probably no need to worry and just bank an extra 4-5k in case of emergency. Everything is enw basically haha
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

$5-10k
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

On that car I would probably roll the dice. Oil Cooler pipe (if kevin didn't put in the metal pipe) will be about $1100 at Redmond European. You don't need to worry about the Trans or Suspension. There will be little things (1000-2000) but hopefully they are not often.

If you need an alternator PM me I might have a new one that will work.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I asked this specifically at University Audi, if my prior owned RS6 has a 6 speed swap would it be covered under the fidelity warranty: The words out the finance manager's mouth were "Yes, as long as there is an Audi part number on the transmission and/or clutch"
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

That would be my impression on getting the 6speed covered. That said, will the manual ever die? I doubt it.

Given you have a good friend at Audi and can do most the repairs at discounted parts and labor....I would just run without the contract.

Sensors can get expensive....even at a discount. Look at the dash that just went.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I asked this specifically at University Audi, if my prior owned RS6 has a 6 speed swap would it be covered under the fidelity warranty: The words out the finance manager's mouth were "Yes, as long as there is an Audi part number on the transmission and/or clutch"