Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCarbon - FAILURE to deliver

Thumbs down OCarbon - FAILURE to deliver

Maybe I just had my hopes too high for OCarbon. I ordered standard CF Interior set from them on June 11th, and as of November 1st, am still 4 pieces short. In the intervening time, I've contacted them no less than 10 times asking for status, updates, etc... Matt (the owner) has typically responded pretty quickly, but seems to have stopped that entirely. Now, I'm out $925 and still don't have a complete CF Interior almost 5 months later.

To add a little insult to injury, they ran a special starting July 7th that included the C5 set for $115 off regular price.

All in all, very unhappy with the situation. I understand it's a craftsy kind of thing they're doing, but there's no reason for this to take almost half a year. I ordered through them because I'd heard they can get sets out "typically in 3-4 weeks".
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Jeez- Obviously sh$t poor service and communication.
    210K miles rolled

That blows, its one of the things on my list.
    6spd complete

Sucks...looks like a nice product, but somebody's hobby instead of a real company it seems. Hope you eventually get it all. You got some pieces right, good quality?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Sucks...looks like a nice product, but somebody's hobby instead of a real company it seems. Hope you eventually get it all. You got some pieces right, good quality?
    No complaints about the product itself, other than taking better than 3 months to get 8 out of 12 pieces, and 4 pieces still MIA. They look great and fit perfect.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Cross post on Audizine as that is where a majority of the aftermarket Audi OCarbon fan boys are at... Nothing like bad press to kill a business
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Odd, I rarely hear of problems from them.
    www.StrictlyEuros.com

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Cross post on Audizine as that is where a majority of the aftermarket Audi OCarbon fan boys are at... Nothing like bad press to kill a business
    This!!!
    Heard only good things about them, but definitely should complain

damn sorry to hear this Erik, wanted this to be one of my "winter" projects but definitely will be holding off on this now until they can catch up with their production. At least product is quality and its not all for nothing
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver

I was looking at getting some interior trim and came across some that came out of a RHD vehicle. Would the pieces still fit properly in a LHD vehicle.

Ocarbon takes forever but he does do good work, he took about 6 months on my B5 S4. It looked and fit awesome when all was done.

Funny enough, about 7 hours after I posted this, I got an email from the owner saying they'd gotten the remaining pieces into fabrication, and would get me the first off the line. Either way, 5 months is a pretty ridiculous timeframe to ask someone to wait for a product they've paid for, even custom work when it's pieces so small. We shall see exactly how long it'll take to get my parts :|

What I have gathered from other members of previous forums before I purchased from the guy..... The guy has MAJOR OCD and if his work doesn't meet his standards it gets re done until its perfect in his book. To me that's worth the wait but boy does it suck playing the waiting game!!!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

^^^ is why I have a complete extra set to send out. That way I'm not cruising with empty panels until mine comes back. I plan to send mine out this winter as well.

Updated: Received 2 of the 4 remaining parts, and a shipping label created for the last two parts. I've got 9 of the 10 parts received installed so far. Anyone have a breakout diagram to show what disassembly needs to happen to get the piece in underneath the armrest?

Still to be delivered: Shifter Surround and Hazard switch surround

Piece underneath the armrest comes out easy. The edge facing the front of the car, just pull out and up towards ceiling. It pops out .
    You can hurt your fingers easily, thus be careful.
    I've had to remove it once I lost something in that opening where the manual brake handle is.

For the piece around the base of the armrest, you'll need to pull out the rear vents. Then you'll have access to the 10mm bolts that hold down the armrest assembly.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    For the piece around the base of the armrest, you'll need to pull out the rear vents. Then you'll have access to the 10mm bolts that hold down the armrest assembly.
    This is what I was looking for.

Thanks again, 4everRS - you always seem to be able to answer whatever question I have about the piecing together of my vehicle

O_E