Thread: RS6 C6 wheel alignement problem

RS6 C6 wheel alignement problem

i live in Germany and own an RS6 C6 (the 580hp one) and i got the following experience: i went to my local Audi Repair shop to have 4 new Pirelli tyres fitted. When doing so, they noticed that the front right tyre was worn out from the inside, and told me i should have a front wheel alignement done, together with replacing some steering parts, which i did agree to.
    After all the work was done, i did notice that the steering was feeling very light, which was very unusual since my RS6 always had a heavy feeling and was very stable, especially when pushed to the limits on the Autobahn. I went back to the shop, and they realized their machine was incorrect, which did really piss me off, and especially when this dealer is also the main Porsche dealer in my area... So they did redo the alignement, and it was feeling a bit better but far from the feeling i had before. My main concern is that the stability/heavy feeling i had before was giving me plenty of confidence to push it hard, and now it's gone. It's like i'm driving a different car. I hate it, especially when i now feel my Mercedes C350 feels more stable than my RS6, which was exactly the opposite before i had the alignement done.

Where do you think the problem is coming from? i'm contemplating going to a different Audi Shop and have them check the alignement, or even drive to the head-office in Ingolstadt or the factory in Neckersulm to have them check where the problem is coming from.

Did anyone experience that kind of problem after having a front axle job done?

Quote Originally Posted by rakham007 View Post
    i live in Germany and own an RS6 C6 (the 580hp one) and i got the following experience: i went to my local Audi Repair shop to have 4 new Pirelli tyres fitted. When doing so, they noticed that the front right tyre was worn out from the inside, and told me i should have a front wheel alignement done, together with replacing some steering parts, which i did agree to.
    After all the work was done, i did notice that the steering was feeling very light, which was very unusual since my RS6 always had a heavy feeling and was very stable, especially when pushed to the limits on the Autobahn. I went back to the shop, and they realized their machine was incorrect, which did really piss me off, and especially when this dealer is also the main Porsche dealer in my area... So they did redo the alignement, and it was feeling a bit better but far from the feeling i had before. My main concern is that the stability/heavy feeling i had before was giving me plenty of confidence to push it hard, and now it's gone. It's like i'm driving a different car. I hate it, especially when i now feel my Mercedes C350 feels more stable than my RS6, which was exactly the opposite before i had the alignement done.

Where do you think the problem is coming from? i'm contemplating going to a different Audi Shop and have them check the alignement, or even drive to the head-office in Ingolstadt or the factory in Neckersulm to have them check where the problem is coming from.

Did anyone experience that kind of problem after having a front axle job done?

it could be in the alignment , toe/camber..this happened to my EVO 6 once ..i was in a hurry and couldn't get into my regular shop...1 hour later my car felt completely vague...very light in the front.(no turn in at all)...it turned out that they had set it to a std lancer spec!! "when i drove back i said to the guy what did you do to my car" , he said "mate sorry it took so long the front and rear was WAY out" i said you know its an EVO right he said oh we set it to lancer spec, whats an evo????? as there was only 100 evo 6 in the country....so as silly as this may sound perhaps they did a similar thing to yours..hell i went to Audi once! and they said..what model is that , an import?? oh dear...and i drove off into the sunset...
    so ask for a copy of the aliment specs and compare that to the RS ones....that way you can atleast eliminate that.
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I have the alignment report, but the thing is: when they first did it, the numbers after the job was done were within limits, but after driving the car and going back to the same Audi shop after a week, the numbers were outside the boundaries. Their alignment machine was incorrect. I have an appointment for next week at another Audi dealer. Let's see what comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by rakham007 View Post
    I have the alignment report, but the thing is: when they first did it, the numbers after the job was done were within limits, but after driving the car and going back to the same Audi shop after a week, the numbers were outside the boundaries. Their alignment machine was incorrect. I have an appointment for next week at another Audi dealer. Let's see what comes out.
    if you can i would take it to a motorsport Tyre dealer or workshop to have it done, i now never even take any of my toys to there respective dealers anymore..just a thought..as they can... if you ask set her up nice and aggressively. john
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS