Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Audi RS6, Twin Turbo V8, 6SPD MANUAL - $25000 (Fairfield County, CT)

That 8K also includes a Stg 1 tune, too.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Well it looks like kicking at the hornets nest paid off this time, good info fellas!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The ONLY variables to this project, are where you source your A6 parts (how much they charge for the parts), and the amount of time to do it. $5-$6k for parts is reasonable (including Steves parts) and $2-$3k to do it...very fair. AGAIN, if you are paying someone to do it for the fun of it, not really worth it, if you are doing it to keep your car, well worth the aggravation and... ahem..."investment". the vcar is WAY more fun to drive and WAY faster....
    2013 Audi S8

Sounds about right, auto and paddles all the way for me, more power wouldn't hurt but she does ok...also enjoy the smooth luxury of seamless shifting when wanted.

I was more thinking for the fella looking at buying a rs6 with a slush, then swapping down the road, gonna cost a good chunk of change. He should buy one with failed/failing trans at the right price and just ship it to SK right away, perfect way to get into a 6-speed for low 20's.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I found a salvage company in Mass parting out an A6 with 50k on it. How much you guys think I should pay for all the swap parts? Unless I get lucky enough to find another converted car, I'll most likely be doing this in the future.
    Last edited by Turbowned; October 25th, 2013 at 22:29.

Assuming this donor car has an 01E in it. If so, you must make sure it has a 4:11.1 final drive ratio and harvest parts!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

I think all A6, 2.7t's, with manual, have the 4:11 diff.
    2013 Audi S8

If anyone needs a cheap A6 2.7T 6-speed donor car, PM me. I have one that I'll be selling soon.
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

Jebus...I would have handed you 21K cash Mike if that is what it took ! Anyway, your swap was the nicest I've seen (seen 2 others). That buyer scored BIG TIME ! Hey, next time you goto Lebanon LMK, I want to run this CLK63 I just got against your V12TT...for some laughs.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Mike what are you picking up next? I miss my Audi.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Hey Stephen..how goes it? Yeah, I will miss it. Enjoying the Benz for now. 997 Turbo next, but not for a while...
    2013 Audi S8

Benz... Beastly... I had a speedriven tune on my CL 55, it was a monster, but got hosed when I sold it, or shall I say I paid $5k more then I should. I am staying away from P cars for a longhggg time. Been thinking S7. Things are great. Love ATL, I miss beach, but that's it .... So happy to be out of the tax machine called NJ.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Did someone say sex machine?

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Benz... Beastly... I had a speedriven tune on my CL 55, it was a monster, but got hosed when I sold it, or shall I say I paid $5k more then I should. I am staying away from P cars for a longhggg time. Been thinking S7. Things are great. Love ATL, I miss beach, but that's it .... So happy to be out of the tax machine called NJ.

Oh crap,

Tax machine.....we're headed to Nashville/Franklin area for this exact reason. Instead of high overhead I want no overhead. Zero state income tax and very low property taxes. Doh

How the heck are ya Stephen?

Yeah we're considering bailing...CT aint cheap either...
    2013 Audi S8

Hey Dave! Nashville is nice! I'm doing well. Yes, I got same quality house and property in excellent school systems for 50% of cost, and 1/3 rd property tax. Come on down Mike.

Heh, that's funny, I'm thinking of getting outta Taxachusetts and going to AZ soon. As nice as New England is, it's a political/economic nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Heh, that's funny, I'm thinking of getting outta Taxachusetts and going to AZ soon. As nice as New England is, it's a political/economic nightmare.
    Dhall has some info for you...he's been railing about AZ for months

Voting is the best way, but sometimes having the masses get their way isn't the best. I mean I love democracy, but if 2/3rds are brainwashed and stupid they get to decide my way of life, grrrrr, better than the alternatives I suppose....