Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Audi RS6, Twin Turbo V8, 6SPD MANUAL - $25000 (Fairfield County, CT)

2003 Audi RS6, Twin Turbo V8, 6SPD MANUAL - $25000 (Fairfield County, CT)

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/4138499344.html

Not affiliated, just passing it along.

looks like ttboost car! (assuming it is)
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver

Yeah...looks identical...it's gone...
    2013 Audi S8

Got to love Craigslist

Congrats on sale!! CL works.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

It does get out to the masses, but I hate it...more spam and crap email....for every 1 legitimate email, you get 5-10 spammers.

Gave it to a local guy...he wanted it as a DD. After he drove it, he had to have it. Gonna miss it... CL Ad should be done tomorrow...so this thread will be dead...
    2013 Audi S8

Aww, crap!!! Well, that's the way it goes. I guess I hafta buy an AT car and do the swap :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Aww, crap!!! Well, that's the way it goes. I guess I hafta buy an AT car and do the swap :-/
    I'd wait a while, let someone else do it, these guys each lost $5-10k doing the swap...personally I love having the paddle shifting, even though it's a bit mucky, no clutch pedal ftw!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'd wait a while, let someone else do it, these guys each lost $5-10k doing the swap...personally I love having the paddle shifting, even though it's a bit mucky, no clutch pedal ftw!
    Mind explaining how we lost $5-10k please?
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Mind explaining how we lost $5-10k please?
    You maybe not as much, but adding in labor and parts your around $10k right. Resale boosted by $3-5k? I knew that would get good feedback

Just seems like a lot of work/cost to then turn over, maybe for $5k more than a slush box...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I could maybe live without a clutch pedal, maybe. What concerns me is when I inevitably modify the car for more power and torque, the 5AT won't take kindly to it. Heck, they don't seem to take kindly to stock power output from what I'm reading about people having their torque converters and trannys changed multiple times.

You maybe not as much, but adding in labor and parts your around $10k right. Resale boosted by $3-5k? I knew that would get good feedback

Just seems like a lot of work/cost to then turn over, maybe for $5k more than a slush box...
    I tried selling my car a year ago with a bad trans and couldn't get $22k for it. Ok, decided to keep it and do the trans swap. Out of pocket cost was $6000. I don't consider my labor into the equation because of the experience I gained. Plus it was fun. Now that I have this experience I'm ready to offer my services for other clients that wish to have this conversion done. (there is a fellow in MN that is mulling this over right now) BTW, I got $27500 for my car.

A car with a bad trans doesn't sell worth anything remotely close to a 'reasonable' price. I have two RS6's. The one with the 'low mileage' has been sitting for 6 months while I look to swap the tranny. Can't sell broken cars to the general public. The most I could sell it to a wrencher for $13-15K max. Everyone well know's it's a nominal 5-7K to correct a broken trans depending on the parts you use and your experience at auto repairs vs. hiring that service out. I'd put the work in to the tranny every day of the week and twice on Sunday to get a 'reasonable' price for the sale vs. liquidating to an opportunistic buyer. I highly suspect your tone might change should you be faced with a broken back on your ride.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

If you bring the car to me, I'll do the entire conversion for $8k, out the door.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    If you bring the car to me, I'll do the entire conversion for $8k, out the door.
    Now that's a great deal! Guessing someone will ship you one soon, it's cool that you've got it down.

I was figuring that you never get much back on what's spent on the car, but I do see how this could help a sale. Hoping for another 100k out of this slush box...I do like all the smooth shifts cruising around town, not so much in the country corners.

Looks like this thread has some legs.

SteveK FTW!

I like it. Pay Tozo 5k or Steve 8k if you wish to row.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post

The caveat here is that a lot of options can increase this.

Timing belt service, oil change, complete trans rebuild, custom gearing and fixing or modifying whatever needs to be fixed or modified when the engine is dropped.

The last one I did had a severe water leak due to a failed aux water pump.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Resale boosted? nah, I don't think so. You do your own swap because you want to. You're not charging yourself labor. I don't know anyone in their right mind who would pay someone $10-$15k to mod a $18-$20k car and expect to get any of that money back. Right buyer, sure, it could happen. The 6 speed swap is a mod. As a general rule, you don't get your money back on the mods. Did you make it a better car, sure, but not really worth much more money. I think Kevin got all the money for his car because it was a clean, low mileage car, with carbon, RNS-E etc...I think he woulda got that money anyway. I lost money because the value of the car fell since I bought it, and of course the $4k I put into mods. I never expected to make money..I did it for the fun. I was asking $23-$25k for my car..Guy handed me $20k cash.
    I'm sure Steve didn't hit the lottery on his manual car either. My car has 90k and has some body blemishes, a scratch here and there. Good deal for both of us. As Steve says, I can do another one in half the time...
    2013 Audi S8