Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback - My RS6, sell price?

my mistake

tires are not michelins.

they are bridgestone potenza SO-4. I also purchased full tire warranty from discount tire with them.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

lots of interest. need someone to pull the trigger.

2003 RS6 - forsale

Quote Originally Posted by terrytcl View Post
    lots of interest. need someone to pull the trigger.

If I could get anywhere near enough to turn around and pick yours up, I'd be doing it in a heartbeat. All the mods I want without the 6sp swap already done? Dayum.

Would you consider dropping the price a bit if I were to want it without the 01E parts and the wheels/tires you've got on it? I'm already trying to unload a set of 19's, and got my spare set of RS6 stocker wheels painted Lavagrau...

I'd even be willing to go even trade on my #905530 - 127k miles, black on black, soon to be full CF interior, K40 system, KWV3's, 3 keyfobs, maintenance up to date (finally!) - even with the ridiculous low price I paid for it I'm about $26k into it, and it was a compromise on price/mileage/color that I should've just waited for :|
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    If I could get anywhere near enough to turn around and pick yours up, I'd be doing it in a heartbeat. All the mods I want without the 6sp swap already done? Dayum.

Would you consider dropping the price a bit if I were to want it without the 01E parts and the wheels/tires you've got on it? I'm already trying to unload a set of 19's, and got my spare set of RS6 stocker wheels painted Lavagrau...

I'd even be willing to go even trade on my #905530 - 127k miles, black on black, soon to be full CF interior, K40 system, KWV3's, 3 keyfobs, maintenance up to date (finally!) - even with the ridiculous low price I paid for it I'm about $26k into it, and it was a compromise on price/mileage/color that I should've just waited for :|

erik,

sorry, wouldn't be able to do the trade. looking to reduce the number of cars i have. as for purchasing at a lower price without the 01E parts and wheels/tires. please PM me with what you have in mind.

thanks
    terry
    2003 RS6 - forsale

erik,

sorry, wouldn't be able to do the trade. looking to reduce the number of cars i have. as for purchasing at a lower price without the 01E parts and wheels/tires. please PM me with what you have in mind.

thanks
    terry
    No worries, Terry. I understand the need to thin the herd YGPM, really want to be able to work this deal out, would have to be able to sell my RS first though, can't afford to have 2 in the stable :|
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Well, damn. I probably should buy this car. 30mins from Chicago O'Hare airport, too? Hmmmm

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to buy the car, would anyone be interested in trading their stock headlights and/or grilles for these? (if they're legit Euro grilles let's say trade plus cash?) Also, sorry for n00bie question but how hard is it to remove the interior inlays? I'm one of those weirdos who prefers wood to carbon.
    Last edited by Turbowned; November 12th, 2013 at 03:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Well, damn. I probably should buy this car. 30mins from Chicago O'Hare airport, too? Hmmmm

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to buy the car, would anyone be interested in trading their stock headlights and/or grilles for these? (if they're legit Euro grilles let's say trade plus cash?) Also, sorry for n00bie question but how hard is it to remove the interior inlays? I'm one of those weirdos who prefers wood to carbon.
    If you buy I will swap you my woods for the carbons + some change
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Just a thought, could be a rough/noisy ride with the KW's and 19's. I know it's up to each opinion, but the Koni's on soft are already firm enough to cause some extra noise rolling on 18's. And how did the - button the fan get so worn down, crazy. Bet there is a way to get new ones? Oddly enough, all center console buttons on my car are perfect at 98k.

There is about $10-15k into this with parts/wheels/labor, great deal for sure though...

The chrome below the headlights and rings look to be dipped...or did I miss that...euro huh?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Just a thought, could be a rough/noisy ride with the KW's and 19's. I know it's up to each opinion, but the Koni's on soft are already firm enough to cause some extra noise rolling on 18's. And how did the - button the fan get so worn down, crazy. Bet there is a way to get new ones? Oddly enough, all center console buttons on my car are perfect at 98k.

There is about $10-15k into this with parts/wheels/labor, great deal for sure though...

The chrome below the headlights and rings look to be dipped...or did I miss that...euro huh?

in all honestly, the ride is actually smoother than the DRC system. noisy? not at all. not sure if you've ridden in a KW / 19s car, but my car is rock solid. i'm as anal as it gets when it comes to rattles and squeaks. the fan button. it was like that when i bought the car. i'm betting on the fact that the previous owner's wife was the cause of that and all of the rubber coating issue.

the brushed aluminum under the headlights and rear trunk trim were wrapped with shadowline matte black. the grilles are genuine audi shipped from UK.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

in all honestly, the ride is actually smoother than the DRC system. noisy? not at all. not sure if you've ridden in a KW / 19s car, but my car is rock solid. i'm as anal as it gets when it comes to rattles and squeaks. the fan button. it was like that when i bought the car. i'm betting on the fact that the previous owner's wife was the cause of that and all of the rubber coating issue.

the brushed aluminum under the headlights and rear trunk trim were wrapped with shadowline matte black. the grilles are genuine audi shipped from UK.
    I've been in a KW car with 19's and it was harsh in all honesty, but it was not on full soft, and tires vary, and it caused some extra rattles. My DRC never performed right, and was either squishy or harsh on little bumps. The Koni's are firm on soft setting, but think people say they are softer than proper DRC, so that would explain it. For me I couldn't see rolling 19's or turning up the Koni's past stock as it's just a jarring ride 90% of the time...

Not trying to knock the car at all, if I had an extra $20k it would be in your hands as the setup looks sweet, just wanted to mention the ride thoughts, thanks for the details.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

This is looking more and more appealing. Mileage is higher than I'd want, but I could save a couple grand on the initial purchase price and at least $12k on parts that I plan to buy anyway. My friend knows a car guy out in Chicago; I'll have to see if I can arrange a PPI and eventually a flight out there. DRC is no longer an issue so that's good, and it would leave me more money to get 6spd swap parts with, thus eliminating the other big scare item. I could've used an automatic transmission this morning on my way to work though. One snowflake and people freak the heck out and cause major traffic jams!

This is looking more and more appealing. Mileage is higher than I'd want, but I could save a couple grand on the initial purchase price and at least $12k on parts that I plan to buy anyway. My friend knows a car guy out in Chicago; I'll have to see if I can arrange a PPI and eventually a flight out there. DRC is no longer an issue so that's good, and it would leave me more money to get 6spd swap parts with, thus eliminating the other big scare item. I could've used an automatic transmission this morning on my way to work though. One snowflake and people freak the heck out and cause major traffic jams!
    If you are talking out loud to get an extra "push" from the board ... quit wasting time and buy the damn car!
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    If you are talking out loud to get an extra "push" from the board ... quit wasting time and buy the damn car!
    Ditto. For gawd's sake, it's less painful having teeth extracted. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I'll have to see if I can arrange a PPI and eventually a flight out there.
    Good news! Planes fly to Chicago. Buy the car.
    Sold - 2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl on Black / Carbon Fiber / ACE Converter - Tozo installed / Eurocharged ECU / MTM TCU

I'm sorry, I work a million hours and many of them involve downtime where I have nothing better to do than sit and overthink things. It's not like I can tell my secretary to hold my calls, book me a flight to chicago and take the next day off on a whim.

You could if you worked on the Obamacare hotline.

"Please wait while our site is down for service" "Try again after I fly to Chicago and buy this RS6"

Dont spend that extra cash because we will be taking that off your hands for this great policy that covers everything. $800/mo and 40% copays.

And we thought it was expensive to maintain a RS6. Ha

Oh wait, Obamacare is the best thing/tax to happen to US healthcare in 50 years. Poor suckers should have seen that one coming. I have zero ded/zero copays at all our hospitals and I still dont need a damn cent of service. Idjuits.

"Affordable healthcare for all!" Why thank you Mr Obama...you're making me a fortune.

I'm sorry, I work a million hours and many of them involve downtime where I have nothing better to do than sit and overthink things. It's not like I can tell my secretary to hold my calls, book me a flight to chicago and take the next day off on a whim.

^^ Off topic but I can agree with you on that! Come April I'll be paying at least $400/mo more for health insurance... that I never use.

The thought has crossed my mind that maybe now is not the best time to buy another car.

^^ Off topic but I can agree with you on that! Come April I'll be paying at least $400/mo more for health insurance... that I never use.

The thought has crossed my mind that maybe now is not the best time to buy another car.
    If your budget doesn't well support the $400/mth, then you probably shouldn't be looking to be buying an RS6 in the first instance. Just because the car now sells for a $20-25K price tag doesn't mean it's a Honda or Toyota that perhaps costs you an extra $500/yr. This car WILL cost you a lot more - and I don't mean just in gas....

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    You could if you worked on the Obamacare hotline.

"Please wait while our site is down for service" "Try again after I fly to Chicago and buy this RS6"

Dont spend that extra cash because we will be taking that off your hands for this great policy that covers everything. $800/mo and 40% copays.

And we thought it was expensive to maintain a RS6. Ha

Oh wait, Obamacare is the best thing/tax to happen to US healthcare in 50 years. Poor suckers should have seen that one coming. I have zero ded/zero copays at all our hospitals and I still dont need a damn cent of service. Idjuits.

"Affordable healthcare for all!" Why thank you Mr Obama...you're making me a fortune.
    Your administration has the right idea and then some. They appear to however have a lackluster approach to implementing it. Yes I can speak to this coming from a country where public healthcare has existed for years. All those countries that have a system like this in place are guaranteed shaking their heads at both the planners striving to get things in place, and the benefactors who currently can't see the forest for the trees. It's painful to read about and watch. Just wish your country as a whole would do things more wisely than they do when something important to the general mass is affected.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down