Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye RS6, Hello...

Goodbye RS6, Hello...

2013 Nimbus Gray TT-RS

My RS6 (see the FS post I had about a month ago), is now at Flow Audi in Winston-Salem, NC....they gave me VERY close to the asking price on my post here, so whoever gets it next is gonna pay more than they needed to...that said, Lawrence Rucker at Flow is a great guy, totally stand-up...if you end up talking to him about the car, I will happily provide all the service records (pretty much back to day 1, answer any questions you have, etc.)

Be well, my friend!
    Steve

Congrats, how is this car compared to rs6?

Guessing you don't need to shuttle a family around....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Guessing you don't need to shuttle a family around....
    I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee as daily driver/kid transport

Cute car, we have a nice one around town, handling is good I bet, power?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Love the TT-RS, looks really good in Nimbus grey as well.

Congratulations!

That's a pretty cool car. Congrats. I doubt that a new buyer on that rs6 will pay much more than what they gave you. It was factored in on the trade. The dealer likely had some "wiggle room" in the asking price for the ttrs, that they didn't need to use to make you feel good about giving you "asking price" on the 6.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I had a deposit on a TTRS a few years ago and was part of the Facebook campaign to bring them to N. America. But when Audi decided not to bring the S-tronic version with launch control I cancelled my order. Still a great car, I've driven the 6spd, but to me the S-tronic with launch control would have been more of what I wanted. I'm not into drag racing per se but the S-tronic version was a full second faster 0 to 60 than the 6spd version. And I love the S-tronic on the track, faster shifts. If they drop down in price cheaper I may pick up on anyways, or just get one of the new Cayman S after it gets a couple of years old and do some mods.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

If you upgrade your rims I want the stockers.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I was thinking those rims would look good on the C5 RS6. Very close to the Eurospec RS6 19 inch. Hartman has reps
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    If you upgrade your rims I want the stockers.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I was thinking those rims would look good on the C5 RS6. Very close to the Eurospec RS6 19 inch. Hartman has reps
    Yes the would. But for the time being they will be in my new car. Picked up cobett's imola S4 Avant to kick around while I bide my time planning my eventual RS6 Avant build. In the mean time the 15k in my pocket is really nice.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Pics please....B5 or B6?
    Yes the would. But for the time being they will be in my new car. Picked up cobett's imola S4 Avant to kick around while I bide my time planning my eventual RS6 Avant build. In the mean time the 15k in my pocket is really nice.

I can relate to this. Sights set on a RS5 now
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

very cool
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    ...handling is good I bet...
    Uhhh... no.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

congrats on the TT-RS, it is a sweet little rocket. I drove one and fell in love with it, it was the S-tronic one. The motor in the TT-RS is magnificent as well as the gearbox. I would say that compared to the RS6 is like an ant compared to an elephant, the TT feels so agile and light and can take so much beating which is unbelievable compared to the old RS6 C5 barge, if i had beaten the RS as i did the TT, i should've probably changed the gearbox and other bits afterwards, while the TT was ready the next day for the same harsh treatment, not to mention how much fun it was. I've rather have a little rocket as a toy such as the TT-RS and a common car as a family hauler than an RS6 as a single car.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Nice score...they really manned-up the new TTs...no longer a chick car ! Hoping you have many miles of fun in it.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Nice ride, gratz
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8