Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Aquamist HFS-3 complete system with 3-gallon tank

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    My thinking was that it would give a bit of time for the WM to evenly disperse and cool/mix the air. Too close to the intake might not be perfect mix, further away could allow WM to heat up more as it travels with warm air.
    Just in case anyone was wondering, and to expand on the idea: Like a modern direct injected fuel systems, the full cooling benefit is realized when a liquid is introduced close as possible to the combustion chamber. Direct Injected engines like the Audi FSI non-turbo run 12.5/1 compression (even higher than Ferrari). This is a full point higher than modern port fueled engines- it's reasonably significant. Anyway, the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber for cooling (hence the increased compression) and increased effeciency (partly due to the higher compression).

The cooling benefit (latent heat extraction) is most effective when the actual fluid/vapor travels into the engine. This is where the amazing cooling effect of water goes to work (something like 6-8X better than gasoline). The pre-cooling effect of spraying IC's, or worse yet up stream of a turbo, is basically lost (to what amount I could only guess). An ideal aftermarket or custom system would be port injected (like our non FSI engines are) at the intake valves. Costly, and the benefit for a street motor may be questionable-- but everything counts.

Maybe OEM's will one day do an FSI WM arrangement.....

Okay, back to that sale! (and I need/want one)

I'm guessing this is sold now?
    2013 Audi S8

Sold!

Thanks!
    2003 RS6 - forsale