Thread: Stereo Is Working But No Sound Through Speakers

Stereo Is Working But No Sound Through Speakers

Hi,

I have a wierd issue where the stereo is working but there is no sound playing from the speakers. The stereo shows what radio station it is on and what artist and song is playing but no sound what so ever.

A little back ground on what happened. I was driving normally and all of a sudden I hear a crackle/pop from what I believe came from the rear speakers and all of a sudden no more sound. Stereo was still on showing the radio station but nothing was coming from the speakers.

Also, whenever the engine revs, I can hear the revs through the speakers. Like the higher the revs the higher the pitch is coming from the speakers.

I've looked at the fuses and looked at the what wires I can see from the trunk and everything seems OK.

Any ideas on what can be causing this? I've tried searching but the search function isn't the greatest on RS6.com.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifters View Post
    Hi,

Also, whenever the engine revs, I can hear the revs through the speakers. Like the higher the revs the higher the pitch is coming from the speakers.
    So it's just like the new M5, sweet!

Well, maybe the amp in the stereo burnt out, shorted out, but the rest works?

Try using google search and including rs6.com, that can help. First I've heard of this issue.

Maybe you can find another deck on here for a good price and then swap them out to test? Good luck there!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

If you need a symphony II, I have mine still. Sounds like a short though.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

OK, does anyone know where the amp is located? Or is the amp part of the head unit? TIA.

Update: The speakers would want to kick on once in a while even though the stereo is turned off (I can hear the speakers pop once in a while). I've unplugged the wiring harness to the amp and the stereo still turns on but obviously no sound. So this leads me to believe that the Bose amp is going bad.

Can some tell me what the correct part number is for the Bose amp in our cars? Or can I get any Audi Bose amp? TIA.

I always assumed the amp was in the head unit?....think sub in the back has it's own little amp...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yup, the sub in the back also has an amp on it.

There is the amp with the unit and yes the amp with the "subs" (I have to use quotes with a 4" speaker being called a sub). If you nee a head unit or amp let me know as I have both that I took out of the car some time ago. Good luck

^^^ You sir have a Pm. Thanks. ^^^