Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuff for sale from the Sportec RS600 after some upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Wait a second, so let me get this straight. I sold you a set of used tail lights for $200 shipped. Told you ahead of time that I get an occasional brake light on the dash. I shipped them to you and then you installed them. Now you get an occasional brake light on the dash and this is somehow not acceptable and you want a refund? They arrived exactly as I described them.
    You said there was an occasional brake light indicator on the dash. You did not say that "One of them often does not illuminate when you press the brake pedal and you therefore get an indicator on the dash".

That would have been selling them accurately.
    Last edited by Dynmicracr; November 13th, 2013 at 01:04.
    03' RS6 - Mugello Blue, Ebony Interior. 19" V710's
    Sold - 06 6SP Silver B7 S4 - APR Exh, piggies, JHM ECU, VMR V708's
    Sold - 01.5 B5 S4 6-Speed - Neuspeed Exhaust, GIAC-X ECU, Shifter, VMR V708's

Quote Originally Posted by Dynmicracr View Post
    You said there was an occasional brake light indicator on the dash. You did not say that "One of them often does not illuminate when you press the brake pedal and you therefore get an indicator on the dash".

That would have been selling them accurately.
    Good, glad we are clear on what I said from the beginning. Had I known the light was due to some of the LEDs going out on occasion I would have disclosed that. You didn't ask me to look into it further before you purchased. I'm glad you have figured out the problem. As I said in one of my first responses, try taking that one apart and checking for problems or have it professionally repaired. I am not in the wrong here whatsoever.

Hate to bring up this pissing match again but I installed the DEPO tail lights and the LED's stay on. However they do not get any brighter when I press the brakes and the brake light CEL comes on in my dash. I plugged the 2 prong plug into it's socket, just not sure if LED lights have 2 separate brightness levels. Are these DEPO's just like this?

Edit: I had to rotate the LED plugs 180 degrees and it started working with all the bells and whistles.
    Last edited by repda503; May 8th, 2014 at 15:36.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Quote Originally Posted by repda503 View Post
    Hate to bring up this pissing match again but I installed the DEPO tail lights and the LED's stay on. However they do not get any brighter when I press the brakes and the brake light CEL comes on in my dash. I plugged the 2 prong plug into it's socket, just not sure if LED lights have 2 separate brightness levels. Are these DEPO's just like this?
    No they are In Pro. And only one side does it unless at least the parking lights are on. The other side always works fine.
    03' RS6 - Mugello Blue, Ebony Interior. 19" V710's
    Sold - 06 6SP Silver B7 S4 - APR Exh, piggies, JHM ECU, VMR V708's
    Sold - 01.5 B5 S4 6-Speed - Neuspeed Exhaust, GIAC-X ECU, Shifter, VMR V708's

Quote Originally Posted by Dynmicracr View Post
    No they are In Pro. And only one side does it unless at least the parking lights are on. The other side always works fine.
    I was asking a general question about the DEPO tail lights, not your situation. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip