Thread: RS6 Brake Lines - oil leak

Mech RS6 Brake Lines - oil leak

Just came back from my 21-day European vacation, and the RS6 started up right away.
    Unfortunately there were 3 oil leaks identified, and needed immediate attention.

First of them was the brake line oil leak. This is occurring on both driver and passenger side.
    I thought it might have been oil left over on the stock suspension lines which were left in place and capped. But after closer inspection, it is the brake lines.

I had ordered in the past stainless steel brake lines, which were to be put on during the change of the rotors and pads, but the mechanic felt it was unnecessary due to the good condition of the stock (still from factory) lines. That was about 1 year ago.

Car going in for service.

Never have seen a brake hose weep fluid. May be coming from your deleted drc plumbing or maybe higher up like ps fluid leaking out of the rack boot? Wipe off and watch it. I assume your brake pedal feels normal.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Does the brake line look cut???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Never have seen a brake hose weep fluid. May be coming from your deleted drc plumbing or maybe higher up like ps fluid leaking out of the rack boot? Wipe off and watch it. I assume your brake pedal feels normal.
    Yeah..fluid usually doesn't leak up. And if you hit your brakes and it squirted out, wouldn't it spray more than just THAT hose...
    2013 Audi S8

It is dry around the plug that is attached to the old DRC lines.
    The oil is not leaking upwards. Where the bubble is formed at the lowest point of the hose.
    I tried looking for the origin, but could not identify it immediately, so assumed it might have been the hose.
    Will post more details as I troubleshoot more.

Car went in for service this morning. Got a 2013 P-Boxster loaner.
    I can't complain, as they take care of me usually. I end up not taking a loaner, as I take the chance to drive something else in the stable.

Update:
    Good news. Call from the svc department calls it same as the forum. Leak not from brake lines.
    It appears the leak is indeed coming from the old DRC lines still in place, even though it appeared otherwise. Good news is there isn't much to do except clean the residue and they will try to plug the lines better.