Thread: Audi nanuk quattro Concept

Flag Audi nanuk quattro Concept

Is the quattro concept too boring for you, not concepty enough? Well here is something a bit more wild, a crossover supercar, like an R8 (preview) allroad with a brand new V10 diesel (Q7, A8?) with 544 horsepower and new tech.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PopUp595_397popupNQC130010_small.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	14178
    Last edited by chewym; September 9th, 2013 at 21:08.

terrible. and i'm sorry I have to say it. even if I imagine it in a non-allroad manner I would not want the new r8 to look like that.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

This very well might be the preview of the future Audi A9... Remember this thread!?

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25...coming-in-2016!

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    terrible. and i'm sorry I have to say it. even if I imagine it in a non-allroad manner I would not want the new r8 to look like that.
    The "Eskimo" probably is not based on the next generation Q7 platform, which probably is the MLB Evo platform, but on a variant of the next generation R8 platform. The Lamborghini, spawned from the new platform, is said to have a shorter wheel base than the Audi. This platform may also form the underpinnings of the new Porsche 960, which is said to be a mid-engined 2+2!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    This very well might be the preview of the future Audi A9... Remember this thread!?

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25...coming-in-2016!
    I doubt it. I think the purpose of this concept is to combine the projected new R8 exterior (wheelbase is a two-seater's) and new R8 tech (digital rearview mirrors and light weight tech) and new audi engine (the V10 TDI) that may or may not be offered in multiple future large segment models (A8, Q7, Q8, A9, R8). Subtract the massive weight of that V10 diesel and drop the N/A V10 or the RS6/7 engine and that car could easily weigh less than 3400 lbs.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Looks horrible. No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Looks horrible. No thanks!
    The press photos are, surprisingly, not as good as the launch photographs of the car from last evening. The detailing is outstanding.

I doubt it. I think the purpose of this concept is to combine the projected new R8 exterior (wheelbase is a two-seater's) and new R8 tech (digital rearview mirrors and light weight tech) and new audi engine (the V10 TDI) that may or may not be offered in multiple future large segment models (A8, Q7, Q8, A9, R8). Subtract the massive weight of that V10 diesel and drop the N/A V10 or the RS6/7 engine and that car could easily weigh less than 3400 lbs.

The V10 TDI isn't that much heavier, throw out the air suspension and 4 wheel steering and I still don't think the R8 will be that light unless you use the European dry weight method.
    Last edited by chewym; September 10th, 2013 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    The V10 TDI isn't that much heavier, throw out the air suspension and 4 wheel steering and I still don't think the R8 will be that light unless you use the European dry weight method.
    I thought about that when I posted since it is actually .2 L smaller in displacement vs the V10 gas engine. But how else can you account for the portly weight? The sheetmetal doesn't look that voluminous. Yet it weighs 500lbs more than the R8 V10! There must be something about seeing it in the flesh that audi sees in it but it looks hugely non attractive. I cannot imagine that Walter da Silva had anything to with it (is he still head of design?). I am really disappointed. I hope something exciting shows up in Geneva.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I thought about that when I posted since it is actually .2 L smaller in displacement vs the V10 gas engine. But how else can you account for the portly weight? The sheetmetal doesn't look that voluminous. Yet it weighs 500lbs more than the R8 V10! There must be something about seeing it in the flesh that audi sees in it but it looks hugely non attractive. I cannot imagine that Walter da Silva had anything to with it (is he still head of design?). I am really disappointed. I hope something exciting shows up in Geneva.
    The diesel is definitely heavier by 200-300 pounds plus the additional weight from air suspension and all wheel steering and big wheels. Audi de quotes a weight of 3,792 pounds (Empty vehicle weight with driver 68kg, 7kg luggage and fuel tank 90% full, calculated according to the EC Directive 92/21/EEC) for the R8 V10.