Thread: No air coming out of AC vents

Question No air coming out of AC vents

Fuses ok. What's the likely culprit?

Had this occur on an older vehicle of mine. That vehicle had dampers that were controlled by a serious of vacuum lines. Someone on here should be able to pull of the work manuals and confirm if the dampers are electric or vacuum operated. If the latter, it could be as simple as a hose. If the first - your guess is as good as mine.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I think I have had this happen once, I just screwed with the directional nature of the HVAC (i.e. defrost, dash vents, etc. and then turned the fan up) and it fixed it self and never happened again. If I remember it was on a long drive back from a bachelor party (about 3 hours in) in hot weather.

Can you hear the fan running when it's turned all the way up? If not, then the fan might have seized. (but it would have probably blown a fuse then.)

The dampers are electrically/servo controlled.

If you have VAG-COM, I'm pretty sure that you can test all the dampers and do some sort of alignment/calibration, too.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

3 hours, hot weather, NO A/C and a "bachelor party" hangover. Oooofffff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    I think I have had this happen once, I just screwed with the directional nature of the HVAC (i.e. defrost, dash vents, etc. and then turned the fan up) and it fixed it self and never happened again. If I remember it was on a long drive back from a bachelor party (about 3 hours in) in hot weather.

yea and the buddy in the passenger seat just slept, he even slept through me smoking this mustang gt (which I didn't want to do in the hot weather).

Smoking the stang..... I too can resist anything but temptation, and sometimes, somethings just need to be done.