Thread: 691HP Audi Sport Quattro Concept - Official

691HP Audi Sport Quattro Concept - Official

691HP Audi Sport Quattro Concept - Official

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/691HP-Audi-Sport-Quattro-Concept---Official

I wannabe a GTR! I wanna be a GTR!! :\
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

4K pounds...I am unimpressed, in this day and age a concept car that weights more than 3.5K pounds is a poor engineering excercise, sorry, but Audi needs to drop about 500 pounds of this fat boy.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    4K pounds...I am unimpressed, in this day and age a concept car that weights more than 3.5K pounds is a poor engineering excercise, sorry, but Audi needs to drop about 500 pounds of this fat boy.
    Drop the battery pack and electric motors and it loses about 700-800 pounds. This car then becomes lightweight for a near 600 bhp car; however, CO2 standards in the EU is driving the march to these insane hybrid configurations.

3200 lbs and 600 hp is what the next R8 is going to be.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I think we are incredibly lucky people, we lived the golden age of internal combustion engines, intake sounds and exhaust flames.

To us, the last enthusiasts who enjoyed the combustion engine vehicles last days .

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    3200 lbs and 600 hp is what the next R8 is going to be.
    However, the Sport Quattro Concept is a larger car with two additional chairs.

This car may make it into production; however, as a concept car it remains an embodiment of Audi's technology pathways for the near term. The automakers are embracing hybrid technology to ensure, via generous regulatory loopholes, that larger displacement engines remain available in a reduced CO2 world. The facts of heavy battery packs and electric motors cannot be hidden. But concentrate on the interior and look at the differences between current Audi design and this car-it is much more minimal with technology better integrated into the structure. For example, the climate controls are incorporated within the air outlet diffusers in the center of the dashboard. The controls mounted on steering wheel follow the example set by Ferrari on the 458 Italia and the display panel is redolent of the design featured on the Lamborghini Gallardo. This may be a preview of the interior found in the next generation TT and R8.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    I think we are incredibly lucky people, we lived the golden age of internal combustion engines, intake sounds and exhaust flames.

To us, the last enthusiasts who enjoyed the combustion engine vehicles last days .
    Think about 200 years ago, that same drink could be taken by a few lads in a pub, talking about steam engines...

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Think about 200 years ago, that same drink could be taken by a few lads in a pub, talking about steam engines...
    True, but now is ours to share

not taking anything away from the glimpses at the future of audi interiors, which in this car look fantastic. and even the exterior execution is solid (I don't think audi can make a bad car). but this totality needed a sexier exterior design. I don't believe this resembles the next TT or A5 for that matter. I think audi is testing the waters of a retro look for the next A5 perhaps (always testing to break new ground). this car won't pass that testing and audi will have found their answer. the interior design will get lauded, for sure. the exterior will get canned. what I am really curious about is the next Q7 and R8. the TT I hear will be underwhelming and kept "safe".
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10