Thread: Best method/platform to thoroughly and cleanly document a build?

Best method/platform to thoroughly and cleanly document a build?

Hey all... as the title asks, is there one program/app/blog/etc... that is thought to be the best when it comes to wanting to document something like a car build? I am asking because I am getting ready to begin an extensive build process on my RS6 that will last probably the rest of this year and a maybe even very early into 2014. I would like to thoroughly document it throughout the build process as steps are made in whichever direction they are made. I plan on using numerous pics, blurbs, movies, etc... so i would like to keep adding onto things that i have already added to the "interwebz". I want to be able to add videos, photos, & text, while maintaining a format which is quick & easy to update and pleasing to the eyes.

I though about Evernote, Blogger & WordPress, just posting to the Forum... but i wanted something that would be easily updatable from an iPad or iPhone on the fly, OR from a desktop when i have a little more time to publish a little more when some intricate updates are needed.

Any input is appreciated and keep an eye on the upcoming build of Black Betty...
    I promise you that it will be an entertaining one where we will all hopefully have a chance to learn some new things about our Beasts that may not have been explored before. I also promise you that that the goal for this build will be an ambitious one, which I do not believe has ever been accomplished.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing back from you guys on the best platform to document and update the build seamlessly and effortlessly!

-Sasha

Sasha, Great meeting you few weeks back. Good luck with the build! Going to be quite the difference from 100% stock like now. Check into tumblr, may be best for mobility, with quick updates including pictures and short videos. Use youtube for longer video and can just link in tumblr. Blogger would be probably best other alternative but not sure how mobile friendly that is.

-Kevin
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver

Thanks a lot Kevin. I def wanna keep all the pics and vids on one site (tumblr/facebook/etc) and use them to upload from that site to a clean and friendly build documentation site. I am leaning to posting some general updates on the forum but i'll probably use either a Facebook business/fan page or a blog of some sort to publish the detailed build every step of the way. i just dont want it to get too cluttered up in a thread topic on a forum with people chiming in between posts and breaking up the fluidity and appearance of the whole thing.

On an update front... just picked up a parts car for the build (another RS6 with some goodies i plan to use) that will be used to mock up all the addons and new parts to it so that when everything fits perfectly, we will be ready to quicly install it into my car rather than having my POV out of commision for the few months it will take.

Best of luck with the build....but remember, somewhere in Neckersulm a German will be crying...