Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportec RS600 Traps 122 MPH. Fastest RS6 in the country!

03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

That's true but your typical run of the mill tuned RS6 on this forum traps 110 on average. What you have to remember is these cars are all limited by the size of the turbos. That's the restriction and nobody really knows what Sportec did to the turbos but either way, they're still K04s and likely still the biggest restriction.

My grey car ran 11.59@119 btw but that was launching with boost off the line. The RS600 didn't even launch, he just grannied it out of the hole. With the 122 trap, it's capable of low to mid 11's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Guess I didn't clarify well enough. The tune you developed has run this same time with a trap speed only a couple of MPH less on an OEM engine. It is my appreciation that the additional engine work, the lighter curb weight, the manual gearing, different turbos, coupled with a your particular tune, and you would see times that would exceed the 11.7 you ran a couple of years ago in your gray car. Just an observation. Would need to be proven to actually merit any muster.

Thats right Marc. I never used those words.

Period. So don't drag me in the gutter with lies.

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    You never used those exact words but you did talk the car down. Now you get to eat your words.

The point here Dave is you said the car was slow and not making the advertised horsepower. You were wrong. That's all. We all make mistakes. It's ok to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    This is further proof that dyno numbers should be taken with a grain of salt and nothing is better than real world performance numbers from an NHRA dragstrip.
    What did the car dyno in the state that it ran these times, and on which dyno?

Congrats to the current owner, fast car.

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    lulz

(8 character rule)
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Hi guys! I'm the new owner of the RS600. Didnt want to post in the past, as I've read a lot of negativity towards this car on this board. If we can all keep it civil I'd love to stick around for the long run. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to the club pal.

Quote Originally Posted by StormFront View Post
    This and the dumb/smart chart made my day.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Hi guys! I'm the new owner of the RS600. Didnt want to post in the past, as I've read a lot of negativity towards this car on this board. If we can all keep it civil I'd love to stick around for the long run. Any questions, feel free to ask.
    Nice, sounds like a good score, welcome. I'd start up another thread with some car info and what not. Fastest RS6 clocked, good stuff! Hopefully I'll get to the local strip for a time on my build.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Hi Corbett - I am a semi newb too. While the history of your car is relevant, what happens from today and here on out is what matters.

Good luck with your dragstrip queen.

It's guys like you that make us all look good.

Hi Corbett - I am a semi newb too. While the history of your car is relevant, what happens from today and here on out is what matters.

Drive it hard, report the results, and be classy.....

Might as well make it a triple.

Why is it a dragstrip queen?

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post

Drive it hard, report the results, and be classy.....
    What are you talking about?...I'll assume it's good because a car on the strip is better than one in the garage!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Here is a vid of the 122mph trap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1saUe6y2Y

122 and it didn't even crack 12. That means some decent power at the end for sure.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    122 and it didn't even crack 12. That means some decent power at the end for sure.
    I've been thinking the same thing.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats