Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportec RS600 Traps 122 MPH. Fastest RS6 in the country!

Sportec RS600 Traps 122 MPH. Fastest RS6 in the country!

Just thought I'd share some details I received yesterday from the new owner of the Sportec RS600. He took her to the strip and babying it out of the hole, ran an 11.9@120 MPH. On another pass it trapped 122, making it the fastest RS6 in the country to date. This is a full interior car running through a fully muffled Milltek catback.

As some of you may recall, DHall1 and ttboost speculated that the RS600 was a slow and unimpressive pig. Well, the new owner of the RS600 just proved them both wrong. This is further proof that dyno numbers should be taken with a grain of salt and nothing is better than real world performance numbers from an NHRA dragstrip. ttboost, what did your 6-speed RS6 trap again?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1080692_10151600270896527_872748656_n.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	14102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1176156_10151601963556527_778863027_n.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	14103

I'm not going to get into any debates, rather, I'm just going to say that is one cool video.

Irregardless of all the drama: There's no denying that it's very impressive.

Just curious Marc. Is this running the as-received from Sportec code, or did you do any massaging prior to selling it?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Thank you sir. I never touched the tune. However, I did see through data logging that the tune was extremely conservative. This is why I told people the car had a LOT more in it. It still does. It should have no problem trapping mid to high 120's once the new owner adds WGAs and a re-tune.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Irregardless of all the drama: There's no denying that it's very impressive.

Just curious Marc. Is this running the as-received from Sportec code, or did you do any massaging prior to selling it?

With the Sportec items on the motor, this car should be quicker than this.... An OEM car will run this fast with a tune as you well know.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Now who is adding the drama Marc? Never said slow and unimpressive pig. So lets leave that aside and congrats to the owner for a fast ride. I got no problem giving out kudos for a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Just thought I'd share some details I received yesterday from the new owner of the Sportec RS600. He took her to the strip and babying it out of the hole, ran an 11.9@120 MPH. On another pass it trapped 122, making it the fastest RS6 in the country to date. This is a full interior car running through a fully muffled Milltek catback.

As some of you may recall, DHall1 and ttboost speculated that the RS600 was a slow and unimpressive pig. Well, the new owner of the RS600 just proved them both wrong. This is further proof that dyno numbers should be taken with a grain of salt and nothing is better than real world performance numbers from an NHRA dragstrip. ttboost, what did your 6-speed RS6 trap again?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1080692_10151600270896527_872748656_n.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	14102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1176156_10151601963556527_778863027_n.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	14103

Sorry Tim but I beg to differ. If you check some of the threads here, you'll see that the average Revo or APR tuned RS6 traps in the 110 range. The RS600 is trapping a solid 10-12 MPH more. That's a HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    With the Sportec items on the motor, this car should be quicker than this.... An OEM car will run this fast with a tune as you well know.

You never used those exact words but you did talk the car down. Now you get to eat your words.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Now who is adding the drama Marc? Never said slow and unimpressive pig. So lets leave that aside and congrats to the owner for a fast ride. I got no problem giving out kudos for a job well done.

Very Good time!! Congrats!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Always looking to start something. Just like Dave says, I never said it was a pig, just asked why my car made the same power on the same dyno, with no mods. Your the one who got all defensive, like you tuned it or something. But because I am not a bad sport, My car trapped 109, bone stock, with a bad TC, and a month or so ago, it went 108 with NO boost because a hose popped off at the track. I know my car will never trap 120, mostly because I could give 2 sh*ts...so you can be rest assured that you are the man Marc...
    2013 Audi S8

Wow, you guys can most certainly dish it out, but can't take it in huh? You did in fact call it a slow pig. Here's exactly what you said back on June 13th:

"My opinion back then was based on these facts. For a car with so much hoopla attached to it, to have these results? The excuse being that it is only running 11-12psi of boost? Why? Why would a $150k super sedan with a built motor and all the best parts only be running 11-12lbs of boost? heatsoak? After a few runs with bigger IC's? I can buy an S4 on Autotrader right now, for $10k, that would whip this car."
    "There is an a$$ for every seat. Good luck to the future owners of that car...I'm sure there will be many..."
    Please show me an S4 that can be purchased for $10K that will "whip" this RS6 that traps 122 MPH in the 1/4 mile. I'd buy it in two seconds.

So much negativity was posted by you, Dave, and others about this car. For what reason though? If you don't like a car on the internet, why feel compelled to talk smack about it? Is it jealousy? I guess I just don't get all the bad mouthing and trash talking, that's all. The new owner just ran 122 MPH in the 1/4 mile with a full interior, full exhaust, and a measly 11-12psi of boost up top. To me, that's extremely impressive. This is further proof that actions speak far louder than words. Anybody can say it's slow, has excuses, etc. but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Always looking to start something. Just like Dave says, I never said it was a pig, just asked why my car made the same power on the same dyno, with no mods. Your the one who got all defensive, like you tuned it or something. But because I am not a bad sport, My car trapped 109, bone stock, with a bad TC, and a month or so ago, it went 108 with NO boost because a hose popped off at the track. I know my car will never trap 120, mostly because I could give 2 sh*ts...so you can be rest assured that you are the man Marc...

ok ok... time to move on. Nice times btw.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Clearly you missed the point of my post...I'll clarify it for you now...I don't care (then or now) HOW much power this car made and HOW fast it traps...it STILL not worth twice what a regular RS6 is worth. That's my opinion, I am entitled to it. Thought that then and still think it now. If you think I am being a keyboard warrior..that is your right too...

Nontheless, now that it is sorted, congrats to the owner of the "fastest RS6"...
    I have no more use for my RS6 and it will sit. I've moved on to bigger and better things.
    2013 Audi S8

Nope, I didn't miss your point at all. You said you could buy an S4 for $10K and whip the RS600. Again, show me where I can buy this S4 for $10K that traps higher than 122 MPH. I'll buy it.

Not sure where you're getting that the car is worth twice what a regular RS6 is worth. While the car does have over $150K invested in it by the original owner in Switzerland, the car recently sold in the $32K to $34K range which represents a huge discount to was invested in it. Keep in mind also the car had ridiculously low mileage, like 25-30K. So are you saying you can buy an RS6 with only 25-30K miles on it for $16-$17K? If so, I'll buy one of those too lol.

Look, I could maybe see your point if we were talking like the RS600 selling for $100K, $75K, maybe even $50K. But the car was barely being sold for ANY premium over what a STOCK RS6 with those miles would go for. It really was a terrific deal. I should've kept it!

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Clearly you missed the point of my post...I'll clarify it for you now...I don't care (then or now) HOW much power this car made and HOW fast it traps...it STILL not worth twice what a regular RS6 is worth. That's my opinion, I am entitled to it. Thought that then and still think it now. If you think I am being a keyboard warrior..that is your right too...

Nontheless, now that it is sorted, congrats to the owner of the "fastest RS6"...
    I have no more use for my RS6 and it will sit. I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    ok ok... time to move on. Nice times btw.
    ditto! But this is a fun argument none the less....
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Sorry Tim but I beg to differ. If you check some of the threads here, you'll see that the average Revo or APR tuned RS6 traps in the 110 range. The RS600 is trapping a solid 10-12 MPH more. That's a HUGE difference.
    Guess I didn't clarify well enough. The tune you developed has run this same time with a trap speed only a couple of MPH less on an OEM engine. It is my appreciation that the additional engine work, the lighter curb weight, the manual gearing, different turbos, coupled with a your particular tune, and you would see times that would exceed the 11.7 you ran a couple of years ago in your gray car. Just an observation. Would need to be proven to actually merit any muster.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

-Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Exactly. 150 lbs difference on the trans made it run faster on the end. One fast car for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Guess I didn't clarify well enough. The tune you developed has run this same time with a trap speed only a couple of MPH less on an OEM engine. It is my appreciation that the additional engine work, the lighter curb weight, the manual gearing, different turbos, coupled with a your particular tune, and you would see times that would exceed the 11.7 you ran a couple of years ago in your gray car. Just an observation. Would need to be proven to actually merit any muster.
    05 Cayenne turbo