Thread: i fear there is a delay in the development of the new gallardo/R8

i fear there is a delay in the development of the new gallardo/R8

or else they wouldn't be trying to peddle a 25th variant of the same car that has been in production for over 10 years.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/l...picture-3.html

until now i'd heard lambo had a Gallardo replacement concept planned for Frankfurt.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

As far as I'm concerned there are not even test mules going around so I would presume the delay is not minor but rather critical...perhaps the R8 will stop production and Audi will be left without a halo car for while.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    As far as I'm concerned there are not even test mules going around so I would presume the delay is not minor but rather critical...perhaps the R8 will stop production and Audi will be left without a halo car for while.
    completely different info from Evo...
    on the latest italian versione of Evo was underlined how much more important is r8 rather than gallardo (in terms of numbers) so it was decided to delay the new gallardo (2014 unveiling) because it has to be conceived on a platform shared with Audi new R8 expected for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    The Volkswagen Group has enough private test facilities around the world that there is little need to have "spy" photographs of pre-production vehicles on the streets. The R8 is still well within its first year of its facelift so it is conceivable that the R8 will remain in production for a couple of more years before the second generation debuts.

The Lamborghini Gallardo is getting long-in-tooth; however, sales remain strong with the release of special edition models.

Supercars and Lamborghinis in particular have pretty long lifespans. Certainly nothing like a new Civic or Camry that shows up in as little as 4 years or like Hyundai and Kia which recently had some models for as little as 2 years but even those have slowed down now. Ferrari does have shorter lifespans but they do the special edition thing too. But maybe, just maybe they are working on getting the 4.0T in there but no one has even hinted at that so that's just speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Supercars and Lamborghinis in particular have pretty long lifespans. Certainly nothing like a new Civic or Camry that shows up in as little as 4 years or like Hyundai and Kia which recently had some models for as little as 2 years but even those have slowed down now. Ferrari does have shorter lifespans but they do the special edition thing too. But maybe, just maybe they are working on getting the 4.0T in there but no one has even hinted at that so that's just speculation on my part.
    Ferraris appear to have a shorter lifespan; however, the basic platform is used for two generations. Hence, the 348 begat the 355, the 360 begat the 430 and the 458 is the platform for the next generation car.

Fear no more, it's being developed.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/24/l...3%BCrburgring/