Thread: U.S. RS7 pricing released...

U.S. RS7 pricing released...

Is it worth 32k more than the S6 or 25k more than the S7?

I like the styling of the S6 and just add the APR putting 30k back in my pocket. It is nice to see the final pricing but I have two RS6s to wear out first.

at first blush sounds high ... but then again ours were $87k 10 years ago. I will not be in the queue; I'd rather keep plunking $2-3k/yr into my beast and drive it until the doors fall off...
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

A host of $$ for an awful looking car. I'll stick with the tried, tested, and true beast also until the doors fall off...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    A host of $$ for an awful looking car.
    I have to say when I saw the A7 for the first time while visiting my son and his wife in Lausanne in 2010, I thought the same thing, but then again I don't like the MB CLS either. APR does have a sweet tune for the S7 for those inclined to consider this car that bumps it into RS territory for much less. And I'd rather get into the new S6 and tune it than go for this. Will be interesting to see how it sells in the US.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

I say that compared to the price of an s8 it doesn't look bad. My rs6 will be replaced in a year or two with a apr tuned s7 once somebody else has taken the depreciation hit.

The price difference between the S7 and RS7 is almost all profit, if it started under 90K I'd consider it.
    Besides, MB offers a true Avant that's 10K less and comparison tested as being more fun to drive than the Audi.

Update: Looks like MB is charging 103K for their 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S wagon, the 2013 was in the low 90K range.
    2008 white/amaretto S8

I don't think the pricing is too bad, there are a host of upgrades on the rs7. Is the engine identical, or does it have some stronger internals and cooling system where you could tune it and be faster than a tuned s6?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I don't think the pricing is too bad, there are a host of upgrades on the rs7. Is the engine identical, or does it have some stronger internals and cooling system where you could tune it and be faster than a tuned s6?
    The RS7 engine doesn't have anything substantially different to warrant the ~27K difference over the S7.
    It most likely can be tuned higher than the S7 however, based on APR's Arin's hints, and what is able to be gained from the similar engine in the S8, but is it worth the added cost of the RS7?

Here's the 4.0l TT engine differences:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...le_7153.shtml;
    The difference in power output between the two versions of the 4.0 TFSI is due mainly to the use of either a single-branch or dual-branch intake system, the turbocharger operating settings and the top version’s additional oil cooler. There are further differences relating to the crankshaft and its main bearings, the compression ratio, valve timing and the injectors.

http://audistrategy2020inmotion.com/...0Overview.pdf;
    The different power levels are explained by turbo boost levels,
    air intake size, camshaft profile and other engine specification
    differences.
    2008 white/amaretto S8

+1 A couple of members have gone the route of the E63S Estate
    Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    The price difference between the S7 and RS7 is almost all profit, if it started under 90K I'd consider it.
    Besides, MB offers a true Avant that's 10K less and comparison tested as being more fun to drive than the Audi.

Update: Looks like MB is charging 103K for their 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S wagon, the 2013 was in the low 90K range.

its gonna be over 235,000 USD in OZ ......i'd buy a CLS AMG over it though...but i think i looks pretty
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS