Thread: Euro rs6 part out

Euro rs6 part out

For those of you who doesn't go on AZ
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...rtout-Pre-Sale

yep. PMed him a little while ago, hoping to hear back soon!

He wanted 3500 for the last set of seats

But they don't have an FMVSS sticker Dave! It would be highly illegal of you to install euro spec seats in your US spec RS6 since they do not meet US safety standards. If you got into an accident with them, there isn't an insurance company in the world that would honor your claim. If you hurt someone, you could be held responsible not just civilly but criminally too. No FMVSS sticker? Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $250!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    He wanted 3500 for the last set of seats

Hey now! When did Monopoly raise it to 250 to pass GO? I thought it was 200?!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Not too long ago... They finally caught up with the rising inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Hey now! When did Monopoly raise it to 250 to pass GO? I thought it was 200?!

Someone google troll.

are the seats really not up to US safety specs? they have side airbags built into them and i would find it hard to imagine that they aren't up to spec? just curious as i see folks doing the swap and never gave this any thought...i'm not interested in his seats as for the larger items they are always vastly overprices. he wanted like 3500 for 6sp swap parts a year ago when i went to swap my passat over to manual!! there is making money and then there is gauging the consumer!

anyways, are you positive on the seat thing? just curious as i would be interested to read the regs on this.

Gosh, that car looks like it can have it's body damage repaired easily enough...shame to part such a rare car. Love those seats (but not for 35) ! He's punkin' ya' on the seat regulations btw, c'mon now.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

lol never know i have seen weirder things before!

also there is a guys sells a black recaro set (Front and Rear) on vortext and audizine for 2k obo is someone is in the market for the euro look.

Yessir, the seats are one of the things that had to be changed in order for the car to pass US' FMVSS and be legal for sale in this country. Mexico RS6s received the nice Euro spec Recaros too. They are pretty damn nice too... My euro spec 2004 RS6 had 'em. For those who didn't see it, DHall1 and a few others bashed me and my Euro spec '04 RS6 repeatedly saying it was illegal, unsafe to drive, etc. because it didn't have an FMVSS sticker. So I'm just giving them back their own crap but apparently they can dish it out but can't take it in...

Quote Originally Posted by buster0984 View Post
    are the seats really not up to US safety specs? they have side airbags built into them and i would find it hard to imagine that they aren't up to spec? just curious as i see folks doing the swap and never gave this any thought...i'm not interested in his seats as for the larger items they are always vastly overprices. he wanted like 3500 for 6sp swap parts a year ago when i went to swap my passat over to manual!! there is making money and then there is gauging the consumer!

anyways, are you positive on the seat thing? just curious as i would be interested to read the regs on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Gosh, that car looks like it can have it's body damage repaired easily enough...shame to part such a rare car. Love those seats (but not for 35) ! He's punkin' ya' on the seat regulations btw, c'mon now.
    Seller is parting interior/engine, and keeping the body panels (presumably for an Avant build)

Other_Erik
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Thanks for posting the link! I need some interior parts for mine.