Thread: What's it worth?

What's it worth?

I think I'm going to put the beastie on the block. I'm just not getting the time to use it and I don't want to see it sitting around doing nothing. Here's the rundown on what's good and what needs work:

Black on Black, carbon trim, SE exhaust, 101xxx miles.
    6 speed conversion - done by Imola Motorsports in Minneapolis (tranny by Advanced Automotion, .56 6th speed, Spec stage 3+ clutch, Steven Kendrish conversion kit)
    Rims refinished last year
    New Michelin Pilot Sport AS on all four corners
    New brake pads and machined rotors
    PSS9s installed

Things that need attention
    Completion of the 6sp wiring (reverse, clutch switch and cruise control). - Probably 8 hours DIY (or less in a shop where someone knows their stuff)
    ECU Tune for the 6 speed - $2500-$3000. The car runs perfectly without the tune, but to get the best performance out of it, this really needs to get done.
    FM Diversity tuner - this just went out. Looks like about $200 for parts and labor.

I think that's about it. The car has been very well maintained at Imola, which is one of the premiere indy shops around anywhere (if you're in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and not having your work done there, check them out)!

So here's the big question - what's a fair asking price for this car? It's a special car to a limited market so it's hard to value using the normal tools. I figure there's about $3K of stuff that needs to get done, which I'm happy to deduct from the price.

I'm not looking to score top dollar on the vehicle, but I'd rather see a fair price to someone who's going to take care of the car and enjoy it like it should.

Let me know what you guys think.

Erik

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130712 - RS6 01.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	14013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130712 - RS6 02.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	14014

Question everyone is probably going to want to know... when was timing belt done last?
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver

At 90K so it should good for a while.

Nice car! How does that 0.56 gear work on the highway? Any noticeable difference in mileage? I'm planning on doing the exact same 6sp swap in the future.

Also, that cost for an ECU tune seems high. Where were you getting that price from?

So a mechanically well sorted car with a top notch 6sp swap that just needs a couple things to be perfect. I'm also curious what this would fetch.

Also curious on the .56 gearing...

AMD in the greater Seattle area has the 6 speed tune sorted out ($750ish IIRC)

Mileage might be CON but the PROS are the 6 speed, PSS9 and the timing belt
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

If you could find the right buyer, I think you could be like 27500-3000=24500, someone who "really" wanted the 6 spd.

Indeed, the tune should run you around $750. You probably need a different ABS controller for around $250. The wiring can be done simply, too. If you want, I can send you the marked up wiring diagrams with exact instructions on what to do. I wish I was closer. I'd do it for you in a few hours.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide