Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Being as I am afforded the opportunity to drive two cars with the same tune - one with the gutted DP's and the other without - I confirm gutting the DP's is definately noticeable.
    SWEET, I can't wait! And I think that even if you dont have emission testing in your state, its a federal law you must comply with.

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    SWEET, I can't wait! And I think that even if you dont have emission testing in your state, its a federal law you must comply with only if they catch you.
    ^^^ fixed that for ya...no thanks are needed...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    ^^^ fixed that for ya...no thanks are needed...
    HAHAHA yes, only if they catch you. Well if I do have this done, I wont tell anyone. Still exploring it.

I had planned on gutting my DPs, even purchased a spare set to do the work and PC them; sold the reliable 905355 for I had the chance to install...
    Kyle has the spare set now...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Yep, I made my own FULLY cat-less DPs'...no pre-cats and no cats...WORLD of difference....probably to the tune of 30-40whp. VERY noticeable...

Tim, did you gut both cats on each pipe, or the pre cat only?

Mike, do you think gutting the main cat(larger one) had a large difference? Or the main difference is the pre cat?

Ben, I still have that extra set laying in my garage. Been meaning to do this for a almost a year now!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Tim, did you gut both cats on each pipe, or the pre cat only?

Mike, do you think gutting the main cat(larger one) had a large difference? Or the main difference is the pre cat?

Ben, I still have that extra set laying in my garage. Been meaning to do this for a almost a year now!
    Just gutted downpipes - lower cats are still in place. I feel it's a conservative 5-8% power gain. Swapping out lower cat's with straight pipes or making different downpipes I well believe provides an additional 10-15% power gain minimum. Or as Mike states a couple of posts above - 30-40WHP. Noticeable and then some. When I purchased my second beast with Marc's tune in it, I initially ran high 11's with it. After gutting the down pipes and a couple of other minor mods, there was a solid improvement of 2 tenths of a second which I figure was worth 25hp or slighlty more.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I need to reach out to Marc about the tune and I need to talk to you Stewart about the cats.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

I would like to get a hold of Marc also as I would like to get his tune

I should be sending my ECU out to Marc tomorrow! Now I need the MTM TCU tune. That seems to be more difficult to find. Any suggestions? I am in FL.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAC View Post
    I should be sending my ECU out to Marc tomorrow! Now I need the MTM TCU tune. That seems to be more difficult to find. Any suggestions? I am in FL.
    Ontario Canada MTM. There is also Viper in the UK, well regarded.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I switched from the AWE tune my car came with to Marc's. Very pronounced difference. Adding gutted DP's I got from Kendrish next week....can't wait. 45 to 105mph pulls are honey badger like .
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

My ECU was shipped out today! I also contacted the two MTM North American dealers about the TCU tune. I need to find someone in my area that can solder the chip in from what I am hearing. I wish there was a local dealer but I guess I am out of luck.

Let us know who you find on the MTM and how much, thanks man!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Ontario Canada MTM. There is also Viper in the UK, well regarded.
    Almost 100% Canada is only option, should take a week, $150. It's a minor change in shifting performance, good. Big change is increasing valve body pressure, quickly slams the clutch plates together. You might be able to just pull the vb out of the trans and have that upgraded by a trans shop.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Iswing, I was already in touch with the Canadian dealer but I still have to find someone to install the chip on the TCU. There is a Miami based MTM dealer I spoke with this morning who is much closer to me as I am in Tampa, FL. I was asked to provide info from my TCU before the Miami dealer could confirm if they were able to provide me with the chip or if I would have to ship my TCU to MTM in Germany. Either way right now there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get this done. I really want this done therefore I will keep drilling away to find a dealer and the best option. I will keep the board posted.

Got it! Find someone who guaranties their work. My shop soldered in my first one, didn't work, bricked the TCU, $500 later I had a new one Only time I've heard of this, but the pins are really small.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Got it! Find someone who guaranties their work. My shop soldered in my first one, didn't work, bricked the TCU, $500 later I had a new one Only time I've heard of this, but the pins are really small.
    That is exactly what I am worried about. My car isn't a DD but still, I don't want added drama.