Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

Yep..I tried a 20psi file for a while...but too much heat too much retard...back to a 1bar file...
    2013 Audi S8

What were ambient temps when you tried 20psi? Was it on the dyno or on the street?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yep..I tried a 20psi file for a while...but too much heat too much retard...back to a 1bar file...
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    What were ambient temps when you tried 20psi? Was it on the dyno or on the street?
    Why would you ask when you know 20, or even 18psi is pointless with these small turbos?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I disagree. While it may be pointless on pump gas with the stock wastegate actuators in the dead of summer, it could be a different story with colder temps, higher octane and aftermarket actuators (like ttboost is running).

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Why would you ask when you know 20, or even 18psi is pointless with these small turbos?
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

I would still think it would over spin the turbos, but I see your point under ideal conditions. Certainly not DD conditions though...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

RS6 turbos have a history of running at 20+ psi levels for many miles over the past 5-7 years on B5's (with power gains seen in the 20's). They're definitely out of the high efficiency zones at those boost levels, but you're not necessarily reaching an absolute ceiling at 18 or 20 psi.

I was running 20lbs in 65deg weather on pump...doesn't like it...on the dyno it wasn't bad, on the street, another story...plus heat soak with stock IC's. It did exactly what I thought it would do. It feels almost as fast at 15 -16lbs with no timing retard...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by jibberjive View Post
    RS6 turbos have a history of running at 20+ psi levels for many miles over the past 5-7 years on B5's (with power gains seen in the 20's). They're definitely out of the high efficiency zones at those boost levels, but you're not necessarily reaching an absolute ceiling at 18 or 20 psi.

I think they tend to spool up quicker, overboost easier and make more heat on the V8....
    2013 Audi S8

Wondering if anyone knows about whether my 10SECS4 tune will keep the code from popping up if I gut both sets of cats?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows about whether my 10SECS4 tune will keep the code from popping up if I gut both sets of cats?

Thanks!
    I have gutted downpipes, but the lower cats are still in place so can't comment specifically if you remove both points of emmission control whether or not a code with throw. I have no codes with the precats removed.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thanks!
    Just ask Marc. I would doubt they (rear O2 sensors) are coded out, but sure it could be done with a re flash.

So you don't have emissions testing I take it?

Just ask Marc. I would doubt they (rear O2 sensors) are coded out, but sure it could be done with a re flash.

So you don't have emissions testing I take it?
    Well Florida does not have emission testing, but this if for track purposes only! I would never do this for a street car!!

I would ask Marc, but his inbox is full and I cant message him.

Well Florida does not have emission testing, but this if for track purposes only! I would never do this for a street car!!
    You only drive this car on the track?

You only drive this car on the track?
    If I do this, then yes sure track car only, right that's it.

He needs to clear his inbox!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

If I do this, then yes sure track car only, right that's it.
    LOL... someone is a little slow

The point is having gutted DP's has nothing to do with driving on a track, or street for that matter. Emissions is the only worry, and if it's not around you're fine! You could also get the tune updated for lack of back pressure from the cats, should be good for 15-20hp more.

Being as I am afforded the opportunity to drive two cars with the same tune - one with the gutted DP's and the other without - I confirm gutting the DP's is definately noticeable.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down