Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

Basically all tunes add timing, boost, fuel, and there should be no problems assuming it's tuned correctly. What you get to worry about is your transmission with the extra power...

There are plenty of different levels of tuning also, the more you increase boost/timing, the more strain, but from what I've heard the engine holds just fine to a reasonable tune, just don't run it on the ragged edge. Data logging and an experienced tune(r) will make sure you are safe.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    I thought more timing would cause more strain on the engine? Should I be worried that something bad will happen to my engine if I tune it?
    mate i have had the APR tune for 6 years now, not one issue with anything inc GBox , but the aussie spec cars have something different in the GBox....john

i do more frequent oil/filter changes , both eng and g/box and diffs but that is all
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Johnnie

What is the build month/yr of your car?

Miles on it and ever any transmission issues?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    mate i have had the APR tune for 6 years now, not one issue with anything inc GBox , but the aussie spec cars have something different in the GBox....john

i do more frequent oil/filter changes , both eng and g/box and diffs but that is all

Well, a stock RS6 traps 107-108 MPH in the 1/4 mile. On pump fuel my tune traps 115-116. On race fuel, it's in the 117-118 MPH range.

Quote Originally Posted by R1 View Post
    any idea how much gain will it be? hopefully it is "huge"

I've tuned about 10 RS6s including a lot of R&D work on my own RS6s (hundreds of data logs and dozens of different file revisions over the past 5 years) and have never had or heard of a single engine failure. As a matter of fact, member Bigglezworth has an RS6 which was tuned by me 4 1/2 years ago and is still running strong with over 240K miles on it! That's on the original engine, turbos, and transmission. Pretty amazing how reliable these cars are with proper maintenance.

Feel free to contact members Bigglezworth, Bmlee007, and Kgnast for their thoughts and input on my tune.

If for any reason you weren't satisfied with my tune in the first 30 days, I'd give you a full money back refund (less shipping), no questions asked. However, I think you'll be pretty happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    I thought more timing would cause more strain on the engine? Should I be worried that something bad will happen to my engine if I tune it?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Johnnie

What is the build month/yr of your car?

Miles on it and ever any transmission issues?
    build mth/yr is Jan 2004 stamped on the body

miles on the car is 59,000

about 48,000 miles on the full APR tune

have done a couple of drive days , a drag event ....never had 1 issue with the car, other than a mob that damaged the maf clip after my cat-less custom tune....i do engine oil every 8,000 klms , g/box and diffs every 35,000 klms...

the folks that rebuild b/boxes for audi , skoda, vw, land rover , ford, have logged the g/box live while driving with me a few times as they love the car...and we know of no failures in OZ at all on Rs6's (they only sold 31 here though) ....john
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Thanks for the data point. It seems the later builds have much better transmissions. That would be good news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    build mth/yr is Jan 2004 stamped on the body

miles on the car is 59,000

about 48,000 miles on the full APR tune

have done a couple of drive days , a drag event ....never had 1 issue with the car, other than a mob that damaged the maf clip after my cat-less custom tune....i do engine oil every 8,000 klms , g/box and diffs every 35,000 klms...

the folks that rebuild b/boxes for audi , skoda, vw, land rover , ford, have logged the g/box live while driving with me a few times as they love the car...and we know of no failures in OZ at all on Rs6's (they only sold 31 here though) ....john

I can attest and sing the praises. Along with the RS6, I have a Porsche 996TT too (mild mods) and it runs extremely well, high 11's with a proper launch. Let's just say the RS6 gets ahead and stays ahead now. I couldn't believe my eyes. I've never been behind the wheel of the pcar and felt it was slow. I really had no desire to put a tune on it, because it really was fast enough. However, I couldn't reel the RS6 in, it kept slipping away bit by bit. I looked down at the gas pedal thinking maybe the carpet was budged up and I wasn't getting full WOT. It's one of things where any mess up of the slightest degree in launch or shifting and the RS6 was flat out gone. Even with perfect dead on shifts I couldn't catch the RS6. The 10secS4 SB (Supa-bad) Tune kicks massive-assive.

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    I've tuned about 10 RS6s including a lot of R&D work on my own RS6s (hundreds of data logs and dozens of different file revisions over the past 5 years) and have never had or heard of a single engine failure. As a matter of fact, member Bigglezworth has an RS6 which was tuned by me 4 1/2 years ago and is still running strong with over 240K miles on it! That's on the original engine, turbos, and transmission. Pretty amazing how reliable these cars are with proper maintenance.

Feel free to contact members Bigglezworth, Bmlee007, and Kgnast for their thoughts and input on my tune.

If for any reason you weren't satisfied with my tune in the first 30 days, I'd give you a full money back refund (less shipping), no questions asked. However, I think you'll be pretty happy with it.

I've only had the tune for a short time, but I can say that I am very happy. I'm not much worried about 0-60 or 1/4 times, because they're not daily, real-world events for me. The most important aspect to me is highway driving, and the ability to merge with traffic, pass who, when and where I want (or need), and exiting the tighter corners at Watkins Glen (no more track days for me this year, we'll see how it goes in 2014.)

What I can say about this is, it goes. It pulls fast from 60-100, where I'm going to use it most. There is really a difference over stock. During testing and data logging, I never really had enough room to get time at WOT (traffic was unusually heavy that day) but I was thoroughly impressed. Marc still thinks there's a little left on the table, but I've got to find the boost leak first.

Completely driveable around town and very comfortable at normal highway speeds. No change in fuel mileage since the tune, still right around 22 mpg with the cruise set at 70.

When we speak g/box and b/box for trans strength are we talking about the tcu part # or the trans itself?
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Thanks for the data point. It seems the later builds have much better transmissions. That would be good news for you.
    your welcome mate,
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I've only had the tune for a short time, but I can say that I am very happy. I'm not much worried about 0-60 or 1/4 times, because they're not daily, real-world events for me. The most important aspect to me is highway driving, and the ability to merge with traffic, pass who, when and where I want (or need), and exiting the tighter corners at Watkins Glen (no more track days for me this year, we'll see how it goes in 2014.)

What I can say about this is, it goes. It pulls fast from 60-100, where I'm going to use it most. There is really a difference over stock. During testing and data logging, I never really had enough room to get time at WOT (traffic was unusually heavy that day) but I was thoroughly impressed. Marc still thinks there's a little left on the table, but I've got to find the boost leak first.

Completely driveable around town and very comfortable at normal highway speeds. No change in fuel mileage since the tune, still right around 22 mpg with the cruise set at 70.
    Just got mine done by Marc over the weekend. I am so happy with it. Everything runs smoothly and feels great. I think everyone should get this tune.

10secS4, I am curious what is the max boost you typically run with your tune. I know from your other posts that your tuning is more focused on changing the timing and fuel.

I've never once seen a data log of 10secS4's tune, would be interesting. Tough thing is the data log doesn't just rely on the tune. Requested boost and timing would be about it. The fueling, timing, egt's could all vary depending on all the conditions surrounding a boosted car. Would like to see one though!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Around 15-16psi. Other tunes run more boost which just adds more heat and timing retard leading to a loss of power. Getting the right balance of boost and timing along with an optimal AFR is key in extracting the most power out of these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    10secS4, I am curious what is the max boost you typically run with your tune. I know from your other posts that your tuning is more focused on changing the timing and fuel.
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

Around 15-16psi. Other tunes run more boost which just adds more heat and timing retard leading to a loss of power. Getting the right balance of boost and timing along with an optimal AFR is key in extracting the most power out of these cars.
    Nice, I'm usually in the 14-16 psi range. As you mentioned the heat is a killer with higher boost, those K04's are already generating plenty. When I've tried running 18 psi I noticed boost spiking early and not carrying through, plus pulled timing and higher egt's due to all the hot air. The car had a quick hit off the line but tapered quick and was not as smooth.

Have you considered running your car at the strip to see what it runs? I'd be curious to see how the results compare to some of the other Revo cars on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nice, I'm usually in the 14-16 psi range. As you mentioned the heat is a killer with higher boost, those K04's are already generating plenty. When I've tried running 18 psi I noticed boost spiking early and not carrying through, plus pulled timing and higher egt's due to all the hot air. The car had a quick hit off the line but tapered quick and was not as smooth.
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

Have you considered running your car at the strip to see what it runs? I'd be curious to see how the results compare to some of the other Revo cars on the forum.
    I hope to one day! We've got a strip a few hours up, has decent openings. I know that's a true result of power for sure. I've been able to cool that boosted air a lot with the WM and Wagners, plus adding more fuel this past year. I was at least planning on going back to the same dyno for a few runs and fine tuning...