Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    I know APR is great, however, why does the tune for our c5's cost $2k more than any other tune?
    B/C it's overpriced
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Check out Bigglezworth's post two posts above yours. He has 230K miles on an original trans/TC. The car was flashed about 30K miles/4.5 years ago.

Since a lot of you have different tunes, I was wondering about the life of the TC and transmission after a tune. I am having the trans rebuilt and a new TC put in. I don't want to tune if I'm going to have to replace them again.

They don't. I charge a small fraction of what APR charges.

I know APR is great, however, why does the tune for our c5's cost $2k more than any other tune?

Since a lot of you have different tunes, I was wondering about the life of the TC and transmission after a tune. I am having the trans rebuilt and a new TC put in. I don't want to tune if I'm going to have to replace them again.
    For me, a non-tuned car would be too slow, and would consider something else. It's all how you drive too, you could drive your tuned car easy 95% of the time and reduce wear. And as said, your rebuilt trans and tc should be stronger than stock.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

But if Audi and the warranty company find out about the tune, then I wont be covered.

But if Audi and the warranty company find out about the tune, then I wont be covered.
    Doubt the warranty company would scan the ECU for anything unless they believe the ECU was the cause....
    my warranty company never asked me if if had any mods when they covered it.
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Audi doesn't give a rat's ass about their cars that are 10+ years old. Which sucks because it is really the ultimate indicator of brand pride (see Mercedes). You may have a warranty to consider - the fact that warranties are even available for these cars blows my mind. It would be like giving a $1M insurance policy to a 90+ year old with terminal whatever. These days will be soon coming to an end (although I am sure there will be underwriters that will insure a $15K car for a $10K premium......). The reason to tune a turbo charged Audi is because Audi leaves so much on the table. Enginewise anyway. In our cars, some teutonic eunuch blowing the CEO made sure we (The USofA) only got the stopomatic. Would I have bought a "tuned" RS6? Probably not. Unless I knew the history of the car. Most "tuned" RS6's (early ones anyway) got their "tunes" checked perhaps a little too regularly. I didn't want to buy an RS6 but I still wanted to. And this was to replace a bombproof 1994 fully RS2'd UrS4 - fabulous car. I drove several RS6's, and after several months, one finally came up with one owner immaculate records, and the options I was looking for. If I was going to do it - this was the one, and it has been a delightful car so far. Now, to the tune: there is tons left. Might as well have it. Maintenance issues are a right foot function. You don't need more than 450HP, but HP is the only mistress I have. And she always wants more. This is kind of like a home robbery. You have a gun. Do you want a toy cap pistol? Or a nice .45? Easypeasy stuff this is.
    Last edited by NSU RS6; July 22nd, 2013 at 00:54.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

You are legally covered by the Magnusson Warranty Act. It helps avoid that issue....and has for over 40 years.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    You are legally covered by the Magnusson Warranty Act. It helps avoid that issue....and has for over 40 years.
    Not if my warranty from EFG Companies state that the car must not be modified, unless recommended from the manufacturer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    It's pretty easy to argue that the increase in tq from the tune, caused the transmission to fail, whereas audi purposely limited torque on their factory tune so those things wouldn't happen.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Maintenance issues are a right foot function.
    This...

You could just get a stock ecu for a few hundred, spend an hour to swap.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

the 10secS4 tune is some potent stuff..... been three days and smiles for miles.

I'm thinking I should pull the trigger, I need more power!
    Last edited by SensoRS6; September 22nd, 2013 at 03:28.

10secS4, i currently have a stock RS6 with a eurocharged tune, which I think is there stage 2 tune that gives me about 14-15psi when I was logging it. I run 92 octane gas here in Oregon, Would you tune give any improvement over what I currently have or would I only see benefits with your tune if I had other modifications on the car, such as exhaust, bigger turbos, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    It's pretty easy to argue that the increase in tq from the tune, caused the transmission to fail, whereas audi purposely limited torque on their factory tune so those things wouldn't happen.
    That's the caveat: if "they" can prove that the failure was directly caused by something that was changed, it provides grounds for them to deny a warranty. That can also happen based on not following service recommendations. Went thru that myself, when the warranty company stated bogus non OE service intervals on a failing component- a transmission. It was a known poor trans anyway (Honda please put a real trans in your toy trucks).

ZF spec for the RS6 trans is 415lb/ft, hence the factory rating. If the new 4.0TT makes 516lb/ft, I'd guess Audi could have matched that from our 4.2's

--better late than never...
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

It's tough to say since I'm not too familiar with the Eurocharged tune. That's one tune that I haven't data logged. On other tunes such as GIAC and MTM, there are huge gains with my tune even on a bone stock RS6.

If you can get me some data logs of ignition timing, O2 voltages, boost, and injector duty cycles, I can give you an idea of how much, if any, power may be left on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    10secS4, i currently have a stock RS6 with a eurocharged tune, which I think is there stage 2 tune that gives me about 14-15psi when I was logging it. I run 92 octane gas here in Oregon, Would you tune give any improvement over what I currently have or would I only see benefits with your tune if I had other modifications on the car, such as exhaust, bigger turbos, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    ....... there are huge gains with my tune even on a bone stock RS6 ...
    any idea how much gain will it be? hopefully it is "huge"
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

I thought more timing would cause more strain on the engine? Should I be worried that something bad will happen to my engine if I tune it?