Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

No problemo Johnnie, I'll see what I can find for you up here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    ok just Mark and i just spoke for about 30 mins..thanks Mark!!!!!. i am looking for a stock (un soldered) ecu if anyone finds one please PM me
    thanks again Mate

It would be interesting to see some real world results from this tune. Other members that is. And some data logs would also be nice.

Considering a tune, currently stock. The best premium pump gas around here is 90 octane, although we do have good air temps. to compensate (normally 60s or cooler). Do you need to run higher octane to obtain significant power increases?
    I can get race gas (100 octane or more) for special occasions if desired, but im thinking more about everyday driving. Just wondering how much of a limitation 90 octane would be if tuned? What fuel do you normally run with a tune (booster needed)? Input appreciated.

BTW- I love the knowledge and helpfulness of the forum members- a great community. Thank you.
    '03 RS6 | Avus Silver Pearl | Black + CF interior | SE Exhaust | 64k miles and counting

Have the tune.

T.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Have the tune.

T.
    wow biggs! did your pen run out of ink?? what a great review! ...do you write for car and Driver?

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by johnnie27; July 11th, 2013 at 10:35. Reason: spelling
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    wow biggs! did your pen run out of ink?? what a great review! ...do you write for car and Driver?

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    There is nothing else for me to add. Marc has well presented the facts in his posts. Irrespective of what you get on paper from a dyno, physical performance always talks. The only two things I can offer above what has been tabled already is that it's fun and you need a decent budget for gas as the car consumes it quicker than a fat kid on a Smartie.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    No dyno numbers, only real world 1/4 mile ET and trap speed data from two different RS6s at the dragstrip which I recently posted in another thread here. I think this is far better since different dynos read differently plus there are a lot of ways that tuners can fudge the numbers. Here's an example:

AMS Performance Dyno Parameter Manipulation Overview
    I agree that dyno numbers can vary quite a bit, and it would not surprise me if many performance shops have their dynos adjusted to increase "customer satisfaction". But they cannot be all discounted, as I am sure that there are tuners that want real numbers. The torque and horsepower curves also provide value regardless of the numbers in that they show the quality of the tune. I think it would be interesting to see before and after results in this form.

That said - send me a pm on what an ecu flash would be. My car is virgin.

Thanks - Craig
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

The only two things I can offer above what has been tabled already is that it's fun and you need a decent budget for gas as the car consumes it quicker than a fat kid on a Smartie.
    Ha, I've happily accepted that, it's certainly about how much you're in boost. With my increased fuel of 10% I suppose my mileage has gone down that much...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

There is nothing else for me to add. Marc has well presented the facts in his posts. Irrespective of what you get on paper from a dyno, physical performance always talks. The only two things I can offer above what has been tabled already is that it's fun and you need a decent budget for gas as the car consumes it quicker than a fat kid on a Smartie.

thats cool biggs (from now on if its ok with you ) i will know you as BP (the quiet achiever)
    i have the apr tune, have had it for years and years...i get amazing mileage on the hwy around 800 klms , but stand on it around 480 klms!! i like the fat kid on a smartie , that's what i was looking for! cheers mate
    johnny boy
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Just to clarify, do you mean the fuel economy is worse because now that it's making so much more power and is so highly addictive, you find yourself going WOT a lot more? Or do you mean even driving it normally it consumes more fuel than a stock RS6? If the latter let me know because if driven normally that tune should actually get ~1 MPG more than stock.

I'm glad to hear you're still enjoying her!

Just to clarify, do you mean the fuel economy is worse because now that it's making so much more power and is so highly addictive, you find yourself going WOT a lot more? Or do you mean even driving it normally it consumes more fuel than a stock RS6? If the latter let me know because if driven normally that tune should actually get ~1 MPG more than stock.

I'm glad to hear you're still enjoying her!
    Lead foot. Have had other gremlins with sensors and running rich, but as you well state, that has nothing to do with the tune, and merely to do with worn out parts. Punched it yesterday in fact and couldn't see the car behind due to cloud of smoke..... yikes. Sigh. Guess I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend. ha

Haha, how many miles are on her now?

Haha, how many miles are on her now?
    Just rolled past 230K...

Just rolled past 230K...
    Wow - I think that's more than ICONCLS!

Since a lot of you have different tunes, I was wondering about the life of the TC and transmission after a tune. I am having the trans rebuilt and a new TC put in. I don't want to tune if I'm going to have to replace them again.

The original trans was inherently flawed, mostly due to seal issues. The new seals I think any rebuilder are using are made from viton. Much longer life. It should be able to 100k with a tune on the new trans. I think eventually, someday, things could break again though.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Don't flash it then...You will shorten the life of your transmission and TC by increasing HP. By how much? Who knows...But you definitely won't help it live longer...
    2013 Audi S8

I know APR is great, however, why does the tune for our c5's cost $2k more than any other tune?