Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Emissions testing

  1. #1
    Registered User repda503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    164

    Emissions testing

    I have the Viper tune from Rich. Just took my car to DEQ for emissions testing and failed because their analyzer system could not read my ECU for multiple areas. It would show it as unsupported for:
    Misfire
    Fuel System
    Cats
    Evap
    secondary air
    O2 sensor
    O2 heater
    Since they did not know if my vehicle was monitoring these areas I failed. They told me I need to reflash back to stock. Anyway around this since Rich lives in the UK? I'd hate to flash to stock and lose my tune.

    Thanks,
    Onur
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

  2. #2
    Registered User lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Eugene, OR, again...
    Posts
    4,753
    Sucks...do any of those register on vag scan? So they don't just check tailpipe?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

  3. #3
    Registered User repda503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    164
    No they plug in OBD and check your software. VAG scan it registers for I believe.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,774
    Buy a second ecu and have it coded for the car.

    Switch out the ecu as needed to pass emission.

    Or, register the car in an area that needs no emission.

    Or, tell them this is a special car and its not your fault the stupid equipment cant read the ecu. Snif test the car and give it the visual approval.

  5. #5
    Registered User repda503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    164
    Yeah I have a 2nd ECU. Hopefully the dealership can code it when it's removed from the car so I don't have to swap so many times.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

  6. #6
    Registered User ttboost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,456
    Viper probably shuts off ALL your monitors, to prevent nuisance CEL's. Most emissions stations only allow you to be down 2. Takes 6 minutes to swap ECU.
    2013 Audi S8

  7. #7
    Registered User lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Eugene, OR, again...
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Or, tell them this is a special car and its not your fault the stupid equipment cant read the ecu.
    This sounds good...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Or, register the car in an area that needs no emission.
    +1

    Those communist eco-friendly tree hugging Prius driving holier than thou douche bags. Who are they to tell me what I can and can't drive??
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

  9. #9
    Registered User ttboost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    +1

    Those communist eco-friendly tree hugging Prius driving holier than thou douche bags. Who are they to tell me what I can and can't drive??
    They're not telling what you can and can't drive, they're just telling you whatever it IS that you drive better fart roses...
    2013 Audi S8

  10. #10
    Registered User ben916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, WA
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    They're not telling what you can and can't drive, they're just telling you whatever it IS that you drive better fart roses...
    Yeah and 99% of those Prius a$$hats drive in the fast lane and are unable to merge effectively and block traffic.
    Good thing I have a manly bumper to get right up on their tailpipe to get fresh "air" so the Taco has more power...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

  11. #11
    Registered User marklar182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    768
    I was wondering about this as I ponder strait DP's

    For the Cat Efficiency sensors; Do the tuners simply turn off the flags, or do they alter the trigger points to keep them happy?

    For TX, 1 not ready is OK, but 2 fails.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SKagit, Wa
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Yeah and 99% of those Prius a$$hats drive in the fast lane and are unable to merge effectively and block traffic.
    Good thing I have a manly bumper to get right up on their tailpipe to get fresh "air" so the Taco has more power...
    LOL, only in Wa state

  13. #13
    Registered User lswing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Eugene, OR, again...
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    I was wondering about this as I ponder strait DP's

    For the Cat Efficiency sensors; Do the tuners simply turn off the flags, or do they alter the trigger points to keep them happy?

    For TX, 1 not ready is OK, but 2 fails.
    Tune out the secondary o2 sensors...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •