Thread: Emissions testing

Emissions testing

I have the Viper tune from Rich. Just took my car to DEQ for emissions testing and failed because their analyzer system could not read my ECU for multiple areas. It would show it as unsupported for:
    Misfire
    Fuel System
    Cats
    Evap
    secondary air
    O2 sensor
    O2 heater
    Since they did not know if my vehicle was monitoring these areas I failed. They told me I need to reflash back to stock. Anyway around this since Rich lives in the UK? I'd hate to flash to stock and lose my tune.

Thanks,
    Onur
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Sucks...do any of those register on vag scan? So they don't just check tailpipe?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No they plug in OBD and check your software. VAG scan it registers for I believe.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Buy a second ecu and have it coded for the car.

Switch out the ecu as needed to pass emission.

Or, register the car in an area that needs no emission.

Or, tell them this is a special car and its not your fault the stupid equipment cant read the ecu. Snif test the car and give it the visual approval.

Yeah I have a 2nd ECU. Hopefully the dealership can code it when it's removed from the car so I don't have to swap so many times.

Viper probably shuts off ALL your monitors, to prevent nuisance CEL's. Most emissions stations only allow you to be down 2. Takes 6 minutes to swap ECU.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Or, tell them this is a special car and its not your fault the stupid equipment cant read the ecu.
    This sounds good...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Or, register the car in an area that needs no emission.
    +1

Those communist eco-friendly tree hugging Prius driving holier than thou douche bags. Who are they to tell me what I can and can't drive??
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    +1

Those communist eco-friendly tree hugging Prius driving holier than thou douche bags. Who are they to tell me what I can and can't drive??
    They're not telling what you can and can't drive, they're just telling you whatever it IS that you drive better fart roses...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    They're not telling what you can and can't drive, they're just telling you whatever it IS that you drive better fart roses...
    Yeah and 99% of those Prius a$$hats drive in the fast lane and are unable to merge effectively and block traffic.
    Good thing I have a manly bumper to get right up on their tailpipe to get fresh "air" so the Taco has more power...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I was wondering about this as I ponder strait DP's

For the Cat Efficiency sensors; Do the tuners simply turn off the flags, or do they alter the trigger points to keep them happy?

For TX, 1 not ready is OK, but 2 fails.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Yeah and 99% of those Prius a$$hats drive in the fast lane and are unable to merge effectively and block traffic.
    Good thing I have a manly bumper to get right up on their tailpipe to get fresh "air" so the Taco has more power...
    LOL, only in Wa state

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    I was wondering about this as I ponder strait DP's

For the Cat Efficiency sensors; Do the tuners simply turn off the flags, or do they alter the trigger points to keep them happy?

For TX, 1 not ready is OK, but 2 fails.
    Tune out the secondary o2 sensors...