Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest: Wagner RS6 Intercoolers

Gauging Interest: Wagner RS6 Intercoolers

Anyone interested in a slightly used pair of Wagner RS6 intercoolers? I'm tossing around the idea of putting my stock ICs back on and selling the car. My RS6 has gone 11.4@120-121 with these intercoolers on the VCDS. With the stock intercoolers it ran 11.59@119 so they are definitely an improvement over stock.

If the price was right...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

What might a right price be?

I just got my RS6, and I would be interested! Hi, new to the very small group of owners. -Stewart

Is this the full kit (IC's, tubing, clamps, grills)? I'd be very interested, pending asking price and condition pics.

Biggest consideration for me is not knocking .19 off the 1/4mi, but preventing (as much as possible) heat soak while I'm sitting in DC area traffic during warm weather. LMK what you'd want for them, I know what they cost new (and they're actually cheaper shipped on the wagner tuning DE site when you factor in the conversion to Euro's!)

Other_Erik
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

It's been a while but I don't believe mine came with the hose kit, grilles or shrouds. I was one of the first to buy these intercoolers from Wagner back in 2009 and at the time he was only talking about making the shrouds and foglight delete grilles for them. Looking at their website, you can buy those items separately if you want. I ran just the intercoolers and saw excellent results though in both IAT delta and 1/4 mile performance.

You know, I can't remember now if mine came with the shrouds or not. I know I definitely didn't get the grilles or hose kit because those weren't even available from Wagner back then.

unfortunately they don't sell the shrouds separate. GLWS, tho!

Other_Erik
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

No problem. I have to check mine tonight to see if they come with shrouds. If they don't, I'm pretty sure I'm due a set. I know I was promised a set by Wagner himself once he had them in stock. I just can't remember if they did ship with the ICs or if I never got them.

Intake shrouds right? I've got new hoses, so if the coolers are clean would be fine just getting them, any extra mounting hardware...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Intercooler shrouds. They guide air into the intercoolers. I'm not sure if the Wagner shrouds are on my car now, if I modified the stockers or if I'm running no shrouds. It's been that long. Whatever hardware I used to bolt these up to my RS6 will be included in the sale.

$1100 shipped in the lower 48. I'm going to try to have them off this weekend.

You can definitely tell the Wagner shrouds as they are thin Carbon Fiber and the stockers are plastic. I'm not sure about the shrouds but the grilles are available from Wagner separately. My set purchased in Nov or 2009 and came with the Shrouds & Grilles (no hoses or clamps) on a group buy from 034 for $1795 (regular price at the time $1995). The actual Wagner price (without shipping) was $500 Euro but with the better exchange rate now hopefully U.S. suppliers have adjusted their prices.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Intercooler shrouds. They guide air into the intercoolers. I'm not sure if the Wagner shrouds are on my car now, if I modified the stockers or if I'm running no shrouds. It's been that long. Whatever hardware I used to bolt these up to my RS6 will be included in the sale.

$1100 shipped in the lower 48. I'm going to try to have them off this weekend.
    Damn. That's a good price. I'm tempted but must resist.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I know what the shrouds look like based on the photos of them on Wagner's website but I just have to check my car to see if I have them or not. If not, I will e-mail Wagner and get a set because I definitely paid for them.

Just curious, why would you pay $1795 for the intercoolers if you could have gotten them for only 500 Euros from Wagner? I've never seen or heard of Wagner selling them anywhere near that cheap. Did you maybe mean they were 500 Euros MORE (than $1795 USD) through Wagner?

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    You can definitely tell the Wagner shrouds as they are thin Carbon Fiber and the stockers are plastic. I'm not sure about the shrouds but the grilles are available from Wagner separately. My set purchased in Nov or 2009 and came with the Shrouds & Grilles (no hoses or clamps) on a group buy from 034 for $1795 (regular price at the time $1995). The actual Wagner price (without shipping) was $500 Euro but with the better exchange rate now hopefully U.S. suppliers have adjusted their prices.

The $500 Euro didn't include shipping, and that is when the dollar was at it's lowest against the Euro but doesn't make up for the difference. I didn't know at the time until I got the receipt that they were only $500 Euro. I travel to Germany fairly regularly and would have driven down to Wagner to pick them up. Here is the receipt that was enclosed in the box as 034 had them dropped shipped to me.
    P.S. 034 are still selling them at $1995 which is way too much although Wagner now lists them for $1990 Euro w/19% VAT which would put them around over $2000 U.S. without VAT.
    Attachment 13974
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

The $500 Euro didn't include shipping, and that is when the dollar was at it's lowest against the Euro but doesn't make up for the difference. I didn't know at the time until I got the receipt that they were only $500 Euro. I travel to Germany fairly regularly and would have driven down to Wagner to pick them up. Here is the receipt that was enclosed in the box as 034 had them dropped shipped to me.
    P.S. 034 are still selling them at $1995 which is way too much although Wagner now lists them for $1990 Euro w/19% VAT which would put them around over $2000 U.S. without VAT.
    Attachment 13974
    I compared the prices from Wagner-tuning. Full kit (IC's, hoses, shrouds, clamps, and grills) priced as-
    Their .DE site says EUR:1684.88 shipped (US$2241.67)
    While their US Site shipped is $2303.50

Save $62 by waiting an extra week or 3?

Attachment 13974
    That might just be a low-ball value for customs.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Just a FYI, their kit doesn't come up with the hoses. That's a separate item and is another $229:

http://www.wagner-tuning.com/AUDI-RS...-Kit_p_45.html

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    I compared the prices from Wagner-tuning. Full kit (IC's, hoses, shrouds, clamps, and grills) priced as-
    Their .DE site says EUR:1684.88 shipped (US$2241.67)
    While their US Site shipped is $2303.50

Save $62 by waiting an extra week or 3?