Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest: Wagner RS6 Intercoolers

Maybe the 500 Euro price is what 034 bought them for in bulk since they were doing the group buy? So that was 034's cost after they purchased several sets.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The $500 Euro didn't include shipping, and that is when the dollar was at it's lowest against the Euro but doesn't make up for the difference. I didn't know at the time until I got the receipt that they were only $500 Euro. I travel to Germany fairly regularly and would have driven down to Wagner to pick them up. Here is the receipt that was enclosed in the box as 034 had them dropped shipped to me.
    P.S. 034 are still selling them at $1995 which is way too much although Wagner now lists them for $1990 Euro w/19% VAT which would put them around over $2000 U.S. without VAT.
    Attachment 13974

They didn't offer hoses until about 3 years ago, only the Venaire were available (6pc kit). The hoses Wagner started offering were only a 4pc kit.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I just bought the hoses the other day. Should have them by the end of the week...
    2013 Audi S8

Why'd you get them? Are you having any issues with the stock hoses at 20psi?

Went with venair hoses a while back, all six, just to replace aging stocks and have more security staying on...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Just checked my RS6 and I definitely have the Wagner CF shrouds. I'll have the ICs and shrouds out this weekend. $1100 firm including shipping in the lower 48.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	13978

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Just checked my RS6 and I definitely have the Wagner CF shrouds. I'll have the ICs and shrouds out this weekend. $1100 firm including shipping in the lower 48.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	13978
    So very very tempted! Any chance you can run a pressure check on them, be sure there's no leaking? Hoses and grilles come to ~$400 shipped from wagner, so this would be the FULL full kit for ~$1500. Almost too good a deal to pass up, assuming the IC's don't leak and the parts are all in working order...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

They came off at 15psi...
    2013 Audi S8

Sure once they're off I'll pressure test them, take pictures and give a detailed report of their condition. I'm assuming they'll be in excellent condition since I've only put 10-15K miles on the car since installing them. lswing has first dibs on them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    So very very tempted! Any chance you can run a pressure check on them, be sure there's no leaking? Hoses and grilles come to ~$400 shipped from wagner, so this would be the FULL full kit for ~$1500. Almost too good a deal to pass up, assuming the IC's don't leak and the parts are all in working order...

Excellent! Been looking at these for years. Luckily my stock IC's have been really good, have just a tiny leak starting in one...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    They didn't offer hoses until about 3 years ago, only the Venaire were available (6pc kit). The hoses Wagner started offering were only a 4pc kit.

Wagner hoses are now 6pcs

$1100 sounds like a great price, especially if your stocks are already leaking.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Surprised you still have the RS6 Marc. Is there any Audi to replace the RS6 with?

Not really...

The new S6 is cool but it's outclassed by its competitors and it's questionable at best if the stock trans will last long term under higher than stock torque levels with lots of hole shots.

The new S8 is too expensive, heavy and has a boring automatic transmission like the RS6. Pretty disappointing that they couldn't find a beefy dual clutch trans for that car.

C6 RS6 sedan? Now that's what I want but it's risky buying one over there if you get caught trying to sneak it in here. Plus I'd have to listen to all the FMVSS safety nitwits on here morning noon and night.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberjive View Post
    Surprised you still have the RS6 Marc. Is there any Audi to replace the RS6 with?

I'm waiting to drive the RS7 when it shows up this fall...will be a nice companion to my rs6 project...

Looking forward to the IC's, 90 here this week!

Been contemplating a CO2 cooling system for them also, figure it would cool the engine bay a touch also...

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Not really...

The new S6 is cool but it's outclassed by its competitors and it's questionable at best if the stock trans will last long term under higher than stock torque levels with lots of hole shots.

The new S8 is too expensive, heavy and has a boring automatic transmission like the RS6. Pretty disappointing that they couldn't find a beefy dual clutch trans for that car.

C6 RS6 sedan? Now that's what I want but it's risky buying one over there if you get caught trying to sneak it in here. Plus I'd have to listen to all the FMVSS safety nitwits on here morning noon and night.
    Can get you into a nice 6 speed example...Oil changed and all waxed upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	June 30-2013 - 1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	13984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 30-2013 - 2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	13985...
    2013 Audi S8

Shooting for one night this week before the holiday weekend. I also have to do the rotors and install my new tires. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'm waiting to drive the RS7 when it shows up this fall...will be a nice companion to my rs6 project...

Looking forward to the IC's, 90 here this week!

Been contemplating a CO2 cooling system for them also, figure it would cool the engine bay a touch also...

For low $20's I'm interested...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Can get you into a nice 6 speed example...Oil changed and all waxed upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	June 30-2013 - 1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	13984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 30-2013 - 2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	13985...