Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Note about registering to the RS6.com forum (new members)

A few new members approved today.

Sorry for the wait and Welcome!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks for the add Erik! Glad to be on the forum.

Your the man Erik, thanks for keeping our forum full of people who actually own or owned a RS6.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Thank you for the account approval.

I've been on for a bit, but just started actually reaching out for help as I'm starting to make mods to my RS6 and so far the 2 guys I've reached out to have been great with advice and direction...Thanks!
    2003 Silver RS6,2012 Audi A6 3.0,2014 Porsche Cayenne,2010Porsche Cayenne,1988 Porsche 928

A quick introduction of me (newest member) and my cars. I bought my first Audi in 2001, a new A4 quattro 1.8 manual sedan. What was known as the GP model with 132 Kw. I still have that car with 140,000 Km on the clock, mostly highway miles so the engine and running gear have relatively few hours up. This car is stock and still drives like new. Other than the normal routine maintenance, taxes, insurance and tyres, the car has cost me $30 for a replacement coolant temperature sender in 20 years, so a great example of reliability.

In late 2013 I bought a 2001 RS4. A car not sold in the US for example. It had only had a few owners and 240,00 Km up when I bought it. The first owner kept it standard, the second spent some time and money refreshing the car, a mild (circa 450 hp) tune and some expensive aftermarket additions, Wagner intercoolers, transmission braces etc. Unfortunately he didn’t really concentrate on the suspension or brakes so on purchase I had to replace both the suspension and brakes. That said, it has also been totally reliable for the last 8 years, to the extent that it is still on the original K04 turbos at 290,000 Km.

I also bought a 2.7 allroad in 2014 which I kept for 6 years. The usual air suspension issues but otherwise again absolutely no other issues in my time with the car. Probably the best all rounder I have ever owned.
    In late 2019 I elected to replace the allroad with an RS6. I found one 5,000 Km away and flew to inspect and buy. Really well presented with 107,000 Km up and with the full Wagner and Miltek upgrade fitted. Australian delivered cars come with basically the full option pack so the same as the upspec Euro models with 19 inch wheels and Recaro seats etc. Luckily I had intended to ship the car home as while it was in great shape, the DRC was shot without the owner noticing (or acknowledging) it was dead. I’d consider myself fussy (OCD like many car people) and it actually took 3 months after I received the car before it went on the road.

So, I currently have 3 Audi with clean scans, all of which get driven regularly. Proof if needed that not all Audi and especially RS cars are problematic or unreliable.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pair1.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	19472  

Very nice ����, I het mine back this week, new suspension, down pipes , intercoolers… should be a blast.
    2003 Silver RS6,2012 Audi A6 3.0,2014 Porsche Cayenne,2010Porsche Cayenne,1988 Porsche 928