Thread: Oxygrn sensors....pre cat...post cat....

Oxygrn sensors....pre cat...post cat....

Ordered 2 precat O2 sensors for the beast....one came looking like the original on the right....the other is the one on the left..same part number from Wagner but 2 different looks....any ideas??!! if I'm wrong, it's an engine pull ://

OClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20130525_121400-1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	13922

Not right. Don't do it.

The one on the right is correct as you said. The one on the left is wrong. Call the supplier and get it replaced.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I would also say don't go cheap on them, just get the original Bosch sensors. But what I do say is don't buy them from the dealer, you will pay twice as much to get the Bosch parts in a VAG box. Yes, Bosch had now listed 16073 as the sensor for all four. It used to be 16544 for the front ones, and the rear left was Bosch 16069 and rear right was Bosch 16067. I found the Bosch 16073 on Amazon for under $100.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

i bought all 4 of them from europarts.com, all were Bosch, came in original boxes, sealed and with adapters and instructions, the price was around 500$ for all 4!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I would also say don't go cheap on them, just get the original Bosch sensors. But what I do say is don't buy them from the dealer, you will pay twice as much to get the Bosch parts in a VAG box. Yes, Bosch had now listed 16073 as the sensor for all four. It used to be 16544 for the front ones, and the rear left was Bosch 16069 and rear right was Bosch 16067. I found the Bosch 16073 on Amazon for under $100.

Looks like on VagCat the P/N for the front and rear are the same. If you can confirm the Bosch P/N is 16073 I found them on eBay for $82. The part supplier said this is not the correct one for the upstream, but I trust ya'll on here more than anyone.

Thanks!

i bought 4 x Bosch Oxygen Sensor (16073) and worked ok, and still do..., don't get the ebay ones saying they're Bosch 'cause most of them aren't, i found those too on ebay and Amazon, emailed the sellers and didn't confirm they would be Bosch, so buy them from a verified seller, even if you're going to pay an extra 100$ for all 4 at least you'll have peace of mind, don't go cheap on these parts as you know very well they're a PITA to change it with the engine on!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    i bought 4 x Bosch Oxygen Sensor (16073) and worked ok, and still do..., don't get the ebay ones saying they're Bosch 'cause most of them aren't, i found those too on ebay and Amazon, emailed the sellers and didn't confirm they would be Bosch, so buy them from a verified seller, even if you're going to pay an extra 100$ for all 4 at least you'll have peace of mind, don't go cheap on these parts as you know very well they're a PITA to change it with the engine on!
    Thanks! I checked and were told they were genuine Bosch. Think I'll just order 4.

If the parts supplier has the earlier Bosch ones (probably discontinued due to the small market) then go ahead and and get them. The rears have a color coded connector for left and right while both front connectors are Black.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Got the O2 sensors on eBay, original Bosch....engine in, and now to figure out what goes where. There are 3 connectors on the right of the car and one on the left. Two color coded and two black as advertised. Anyone know which is which on the wiring harness? I have the O2's labled so I just need to know which one goes where.

Thanks!

If nobody answers, pm me and I'll check with my mech. I still get the random CEL from them, only when the water/meth sprays too much I think...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    If nobody answers, pm me and I'll check with my mech. I still get the random CEL from them, only when the water/meth sprays too much I think...
    Thanks....just trying to get them right, cause otherwise the 'puter will go bats#!t crazy trying to trim out the wrong bank of cylinders.