Thread: Go Straight Pipe?

Go Straight Pipe?

With the gutted pre cats and SE exhaust I want the beast to be louder. I have been wathcing some Youtube videos of the straight piped RS6's and i Love the way it sounds. Here in the part of WA we have no emmision or smogging testing so i could get away. I thinking of the resenator delete with test pipe and same with mufflers. Has anybody done this on here?

There are several that have straight piped the OEM resonator and the OEM mufflers but I am unsure of the volume nor the resultant spool sound I would have enjoyed obtaining.
    Username Hy Octane has a youtube video out there with "straight pipes"
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

When(if) I am able to do the Avant project I plan to go full cat less, with stock SE muffler and electric cutouts. That way it's still livable for day to day but can be opened up when I want to scare the crap out of someone.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I just got back from Chicago last week getting my exhaust done...gutted precats then an x-pipe where the rear cats were and 3in all the way back to new tips! SOUNDS AMAZING!!! You can hear the turbos spool when just idleing and sounds like a jet engine when floored! People compare mine to a big turbo diesel truck cuz of the turbo spool sounds. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Video please

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    I just got back from Chicago last week getting my exhaust done...gutted precats then an x-pipe where the rear cats were and 3in all the way back to new tips! SOUNDS AMAZING!!! You can hear the turbos spool when just idleing and sounds like a jet engine when floored! People compare mine to a big turbo diesel truck cuz of the turbo spool sounds. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

^^^^ guy who did those did mine

i have a video on my iPhone but the phone fell over and makes it sound bad. Can still hear the turbos spool tho. Ill try and upload it
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

I think having the xpipe helps a great deal. I may be alittle too old to make that much noise but both sound fantastic.

Sucks but its all I have as of now...

Last edited by makaveli42; June 17th, 2013 at 22:53.

Do the muffler and piping section slide out? It looks like it will. If so I can take it out and drop it off at the shop

Jeebus....that's just nasty! Might be a bit much DD for me, but very nice, crazy hot rodding kids...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Do the muffler and piping section slide out? It looks like it will. If so I can take it out and drop it off at the shop

I don't know of they do or not?

And from inside the car it's not too loud. Cruise control was set at 75mph on 65south back to Indy and it was just a hair louder than the SE. But when Id give her some gas shed scream! Can't hear the turbos too much from inside either. I've been in straight piped cars where you can't even talk to a passenger while driving! This one doesn't get that loud inside and you can still carry a conversation!
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

awesome! please pm me with details on where i can have this done

i've just installed the non-resonated cat-back Milltek and it sounds superb, probably with the cats deleted would be too loud for a daily drive and might not pass the MOT, go with the Milltek and you won't regret!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    i've just installed the non-resonated cat-back Milltek and it sounds superb, probably with the cats deleted would be too loud for a daily drive and might not pass the MOT, go with the Milltek and you won't regret!
    No No! Running Milltek Race Pipes (Catless Downpipes) with full Milltek Non res Setup and its just perfect. This is my Everyday Driver (60 miles everyday) and I just love to drive this thing. The Noise is sweet at partial throttle, full throttle and you know I'm comming. Absolutely marvelous. Steady cruising at 80mph is no issue, you can carry on a normal conversation with your passenger and listen to the radio at normal levels. Some might like it Louder ( Mustang GT Loud), but to me this is the perfect setup......
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.