Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware of the Sportec RS600

Buyer beware of the Sportec RS600

Well apparently the RS600 has a new owner and things are not so good.

I searched for that thread that 10secS4 put up last month but I think it was banned by admin.

Just wanted to put something out here to document the issues with the car for future reference. Pat has the AMG forum thread with the news on the car or I will post it up later.

Issues with getting the title are on the top of the list. Doh

There is bad mojo with that car in the fact that the original owner, the guy that ripped everyone off with a Ponzi scheme IIRC, built it with blood money = it is Christine...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Guess as to how long it takes 10secS4 to act all offended because the "haters are just jealous"? Shame on you DHall1 for being such a jealous hater! LOL
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I think he is banned anyways. His thread was pulled. LOL

I never had prolems with Marc. Most know I purchased my second RS6 from him with his tune in it.

Here's a couple of posts on the Sportec ride.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...-in-good-hands

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21...-speed-gearbox

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthr...ion&p=63850007
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

No one has been banned lately.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Understood. But his recent for sale thread was moved? or deleted. Then posts were removed where he crapped on other forum member threads and for sale ads. Funny how his "perfect" RS600 that cost 150000 to build didnt even have a working A/C system. I know, minor details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I never had prolems with Marc. Most know I purchased my second RS6 from him with his tune in it.

Here's a couple of posts on the Sportec ride.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...-in-good-hands

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21...-speed-gearbox

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthr...ion&p=63850007

Would like to hear more about this, never liked the sound of the car or fella selling it...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

This post isn't meant to slam anyone, just posting my opinion and the facts as I know them. Just like many of you, I have a friend here that took great strides to buy that car, from the auction, way back when. He was told flat out that there is no way that car can be legally driven on any US roads, period. End of that conversation. Marc bought it, owned it for a while, and sold it to a guy here in CT. New CT owner claims to have gotten a CT title, but I'm dubious. We have a tough state when it comes to registration and emissions. I'll leave it at that.
    I got to see the car at a EPL dyno day. MY first impression was that the paint and interior were not that nice. Maybe just needed a good detail..not sure, didn't study it, was still mesmerized by the whole 6 speed thing.
    Owner was debating whether to put it on the dyno. He ended up on the dyno, but I had left. I got the report though, hence my comments in the "for sale" thread, that was deleted. Car barely made 450whp @ 22psi. then made 10-15whp less every pull after with less and less boost and some heatsoak.

My opinion back then was based on these facts. For a car with so much hoopla attached to it, to have these results? The excuse being that it is only running 11-12psi of boost? Why? Why would a $150k super sedan with a built motor and all the best parts only be running 11-12lbs of boost? heatsoak? After a few runs with bigger IC's? I can buy an S4 on Autotrader right now, for $10k, that would whip this car.

Anyway, as I have said before, the manual conversion alone can account for that HP number on that dyno. On EPL's Mustang dyno, my car made 318awhp, With EPL flash it made 400awhp. With fully gutted DP's and 01E (with SAME tune), we were at 475ish (back when it was cool out), but we are still tuning. You guys figure out how much the 01E and DP's are worth. That car should be making at least 600whp IMO....Good luck to whoever bought the car, if in fact it IS what everyone says it is, there is a LOT of potential...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Well apparently the RS600 has a new owner and things are not so good.

I searched for that thread that 10secS4 put up last month but I think it was banned by admin.

Just wanted to put something out here to document the issues with the car for future reference. Pat has the AMG forum thread with the news on the car or I will post it up later.

Issues with getting the title are on the top of the list. Doh
    Got a link to the AMG forum?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    This post isn't meant to slam anyone, just posting my opinion and the facts as I know them. Just like many of you, I have a friend here that took great strides to buy that car, from the auction, way back when. He was told flat out that there is no way that car can be legally driven on any US roads, period. End of that conversation. Marc bought it, owned it for a while, and sold it to a guy here in CT. New CT owner claims to have gotten a CT title, but I'm dubious. We have a tough state when it comes to registration and emissions. I'll leave it at that.
    I got to see the car at a EPL dyno day. MY first impression was that the paint and interior were not that nice. Maybe just needed a good detail..not sure, didn't study it, was still mesmerized by the whole 6 speed thing.
    Owner was debating whether to put it on the dyno. He ended up on the dyno, but I had left. I got the report though, hence my comments in the "for sale" thread, that was deleted. Car barely made 450whp @ 22psi. then made 10-15whp less every pull after with less and less boost and some heatsoak.

My opinion back then was based on these facts. For a car with so much hoopla attached to it, to have these results? The excuse being that it is only running 11-12psi of boost? Why? Why would a $150k super sedan with a built motor and all the best parts only be running 11-12lbs of boost? heatsoak? After a few runs with bigger IC's? I can buy an S4 on Autotrader right now, for $10k, that would whip this car.

Anyway, as I have said before, the manual conversion alone can account for that HP number on that dyno. On EPL's Mustang dyno, my car made 318awhp, With EPL flash it made 400awhp. With fully gutted DP's and 01E (with SAME tune), we were at 475ish (back when it was cool out), but we are still tuning. You guys figure out how much the 01E and DP's are worth. That car should be making at least 600whp IMO....Good luck to whoever bought the car, if in fact it IS what everyone says it is, there is a LOT of potential...
    Getting a title is easy and has been done at least 4 times in the US. The car was not imported properly and is technically not legal. Doubtful that it would ever get confiscated at this point but there is no FMVSS sticker so if you get in an accident you are screwed.

Getting a title for a car with no VIN? Must know someone?

Anyway,
    Post #51, Dave sums up (3 years ago), what I surmised last December.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20...apolis-)/page3
    2013 Audi S8

Found this..started pretty recently too...maybe new owner?

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/5...rs6s-mods.html
    2013 Audi S8

It has a VIN. There is a lot of misinformation out there. Most of post #51 is incorrect. The intercoolers are still there. I saw no issues with the paint. No peeling only some chipping on the front of the hood.

Sounds like first hand experience here. I think if you want to make free for sale ads and you make the grand claims about how nice something is....when other members have a different opinion you will have long road to travel. Several people on this forum have had first hand experience with this car. If you wish to post up free advertising on any public forum expect feedback. If you wish not to deal with the feedback then advertise on autotrader.com. IMHO make all the claims you wish over there.

Yes Dave, there are people here that have far more intimate knowlegde of this car than you or I, and prefer to stay anonymous. I"m OK with that and understand.
    I was just posting my limited knowledge, experience, and opinion of the car and situation. MY opinion is: I can build a car like that for way less money and WAY less headaches. I'm not sayng the car is a POS, I'm just saying I don't think it's worth all the money people are trading for it. Good luck to anyone that obtains it. If nothing else, it is a piece of history now!!!
    2013 Audi S8

MY opinion is: I can build a car like that for way less money and WAY less headaches. I'm not sayng the car is a POS, I'm just saying I don't think it's worth all the money people are trading for it. Good luck to anyone that obtains it. If nothing else, it is a piece of history now!!!
    I stated exactly that with my post on the now deleted thread where it was recently listed for sale. That didn't automatically suggest the asking price was incorrect though. Just that you could build something with all new parts for the same price as the existing vehicle had with all used parts and what is percieved (at least by me anyway since I'm no expert on the title issue) as being a problem with registering/insuring.

There will be a host of 6spd conversions done over the next couple of years as people realize things are sorted out and the price impact of cars no longer in warranty dictate looking at different options. The exclusivity of a 6spd is no longer there. Neither are the days when stock RS6's aren't hotrodded/modded with different turbos, headers, fuel management, intakes, etc.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I have seen the car, granted it was like 2 years ago...my point? There is a 'right' way to change a car's color; this one, for all the money it's claimed to be worth...didn't have it done 'right' IMO. I've seen better paint come out of a Maaco shop. But stuff like that is subjective.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon