Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one on Carpart. only 63K miles. sad.

Another one on Carpart. only 63K miles. sad.

03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Pat,

We can save it!

I'm not opening that can of worms...
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Copart sucks.
    That car is on minimum bid, which is just another way of saying a reserve is set. One would think the reserve price or minim bid should be the same as the starting bid...however, that's typically not the case. so you can win the auction and not get the car in the end at the seller's dicretion. Really defeats the meaning of auction.

I managed to when a parts car for a 01e conversion for $1000, after the auction was over, I then found out the minimum bid was $3100! on F-ing drugs they be!

Also, if you are not licensed buyer, you need to use a registered broker, who typically require an upfront 10% deposit for every thousand dollars of bidding limit prior to bidding.

So long story short, there are no deals to be had on copart, everyone has their hand out. Just read the reviews online, and you won't bother to visit the website anymore.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Wrong Pat.

V8weight lives in MN and he is a master certified ICAR body tech. He can fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by StormFront View Post
    I'm not opening that can of worms...

But he can't fix stupid.

i wouldn't touch that car with a 10 foot stick. My old car would have been a much easier project.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Wrong Pat.

V8weight lives in MN and he is a master certified ICAR body tech. He can fix anything.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    But he can't fix stupid.

i wouldn't touch that car with a 10 foot stick. My old car would have been a much easier project.
    agree. looks like this car hit a telephone pole or tree at 40mph dead center.

kyle, i keep looking for your car to surface on copart or elsewhere but nada. heard anything on your end?

I thought the same thing Eric^ Almost as if it hit a tree stump. While I've never repaired a totaled car, I can only imagine on a car like this, repair costs are much higher since parts are so much more expensive. And then you've sunk $20k into a car that's only worth half that. No thanks, I'll keep looking
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

You guys take me so seriously. I was being my normal sarcastic self but that car is worth 4000 for parts alone.

It was on copart a few weeks ago with an expected sale date of June 7th or something. I remember it had a bid of around 3k. Then, all of a sudden it was gone. I have no ideas what happened to it. I did have a new member PM me about it. And I gave him some info. Suspiciously, not long after that, it disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    agree. looks like this car hit a telephone pole or tree at 40mph dead center.

kyle, i keep looking for your car to surface on copart or elsewhere but nada. heard anything on your end?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

It was on copart a few weeks ago with an expected sale date of June 7th or something. I remember it had a bid of around 3k. Then, all of a sudden it was gone. I have no ideas what happened to it. I did have a new member PM me about it. And I gave him some info. Suspiciously, not long after that, it disappeared.
    Sounds like someone knew what they were doing and what was on your old car.

4ever, is that your car?

The pics don't resemble your car from the original incident photos, so I'd guess that's not yours, right?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    The pics don't resemble your car from the original incident photos, so I'd guess that's not yours, right?
    Yes, that's my old car. The insurance company paid the body shop to do a hack job on it to get a higher price for auction.

Yes, that's my old car. The insurance company paid the body shop to do a hack job on it to get a higher price for auction.
    hmm. So, APR ECU and MTM TCU? what else was on it?

Ready for water meth. Nozzle are tapped into the y pipe. ACE TC. Gutted precats. Ceramic coated DP's.

i wouldn't buy it. Last time I saw it it was like this:

oh. .....