Thread: Gas leak recall on the beast!!!

Gas leak recall on the beast!!!

Is anyone else dealing with a gas leak in their beast. According to NHTSA Audi put a recall for the fuel tank rollover valve on 2003 RS6.
    The valve tends to crack and leaks fuel which is obviously a danger. Just started seeing gas leakage in front of my driver side rear tire and the smell of gas was powerful. I have attached two articles here:

http://www.dealerrater.com/recalls/Audi/RS6/

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...ble-Fuel-Leak/

Can anyone give me feedback if they had the recall done. I was on the phone with Audi today and they will verify if I can bring the car in
    to take care of this problem. Hoping they don't give me a hard time. I also called NHTSA and put a claim in.
    2003 RS6 Daytona gray, ebony interior, KW coilover suspension, Cupra Lip.

Many on the list here have had the recall done as it has been an active recall for a couple of years. For some a completely new fuel tank was installed and for others they just removed an access plug under the rear seat and reinforced the fuel tank connection with Epoxy. I've been thinking about calling my local dealers to see if I would be getting the Epoxy or a new tank, I have no leak that I know of as of yet.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Many on the list here have had the recall done as it has been an active recall for a couple of years. For some a completely new fuel tank was installed and for others they just removed an access plug under the rear seat and reinforced the fuel tank connection with Epoxy. I've been thinking about calling my local dealers to see if I would be getting the Epoxy or a new tank, I have no leak that I know of as of yet.
    Thanks for the info. I will be contacting them tomorrow to see what the status is. The dealer gave me a hard time saying that there are no open recalls on the car but I called AOA and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and they both stated that there are 2 open recalls on the beast. They are supposed to get back to me on thursday. Will keep everyone posted on the result and outcome. First, I hope they perform the recall and second, Hope they replace the entire tank and not just put the epoxy stuff on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    You would definitely smell the gas if it was leaking. I smell the gas as soon as I approach my car and once I sit inside it's kind of overwhelming!! And i'm the guy that likes the smell of gas at the gas station. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by RM_RS6 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will be contacting them tomorrow to see what the status is. The dealer gave me a hard time saying that there are no open recalls on the car but I called AOA and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and they both stated that there are 2 open recalls on the beast. They are supposed to get back to me on thursday. Will keep everyone posted on the result and outcome. First, I hope they perform the recall and second, Hope they replace the entire tank and not just put the epoxy stuff on it!!
    It is on the NHTSA website for our beasts.
    If your local dealer keeps dragging their feet, -> AoA Flagship desk 1-866-892-2834 and have your VIN handy
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Just to give all that are interested in this thread an update, I went to Jack Daniels Audi service center today. When I gave them the Vin# they advised me that the recall was already performed on the vehicle but they will check the car at no cost. If the fuel tank rollover valve is broken causing the leak they will replace the tank at no cost to me because then it was a workmanship problem. Manager stated if it was fixed this shouldn't have happened again. Needless to say, I got a brand new loaner car until they resolve the problem. He did mention though, that if it was not the rollover valve it would not be covered but he will let me know prior to doing any work on the car. Lets hope that rollover valve is busted and nothing else went wrong with it!!!! Wish me luck everyone!!! LoL

Good Luck.
    2013 Audi S8

Did someone say RS6 and Luck in the same post?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Good Luck.
    Thank you ttboost!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    Did someone say RS6 and Luck in the same sentence?
    Lol... Yeah, Those two words don't get along to well!!! I'm finding that out little by little with this beast!!!!

Finally got my car back!!!!! Everything was taken care of free of charge. I even got to drive a 2013 Audi A4, Although it was a newer car and saved me money on gas i couldn't get used to driving the 2.0T. Felt like a turtle. I'm back in my baby and happier than ever. I must admit, Audi of america took care of me pretty well.
    Its been almost a month because they had to wait for a part from germany but I racked up miles on their loaner instead of my rs6.

Glad to hear it!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Glad to hear it!
    Thanks!!