Thread: Milltek or not??? can anyone who has it help me decide with some real feedback?

Milltek or not??? can anyone who has it help me decide with some real feedback?

i would like to change my ABT exhaust(actually only rear cans are ABT) with the cat-back non-resonated Milltek system but i can't really decide whether it is a good choice or not, from listening on youtube i can't really tell if it does worth, it doesn't sound much different than the stock one or does it??? who actually has it here and could chime in with some real feedback? any improvement on the performance side?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I can speak from the exhaust and the downpipes but not just exhaust. Exhaust + dp's = amazing. It turns heads.

i won't do the downpipes, only cat-back, i know that the full set does sound loud...

Save some more then...
    RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...
    RS2-94: Stroker 2,5L, Precision, CatCam, JE, Tial, Nira, H&R, MTM 8,5x18"...

I have the miltek resonated exhaust and I think it sounds good. I am not one for a loud exhaust though. In my experience it is a bit louder than SE but not by much.

OT: Smiler you have me pretty jealous. The RS2 is on my dream car list.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Won't see much Improvement with just the Milltek catback alone. Nice deep note and only a little louder than stock (non resonated is also slightly louder than resonated). A less restrictive exhaust really benefits a Remapped engine, so unless you get a good tune you won't see much improvement in performance with just a catback exhaust upgrade alone. And as mik15 mentioned above the Milltek Downpipes (catless in my case) in addition the the Exhaust results in a major improvement in top end grunt as well as sounding real nice. When the Turbo's spool up you really hear them (sounds like a Jet engine). Just one more thing that make's this Car even more Intimidating to others is the sound of it when I step on the Gas. Sometimes I do wish it was a little Louder, but in reality if you had to do any kind of extended commute the exhaust note would be to loud to be enjoyable. I would say my setup is just perfect for the average daily driver......................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Won't see much Improvement with just the Milltek catback alone. Nice deep note and only a little louder than stock (non resonated is also slightly louder than resonated). A less restrictive exhaust really benefits a Remapped engine, so unless you get a good tune you won't see much improvement in performance with just a catback exhaust upgrade alone. And as mik15 mentioned above the Milltek Downpipes (catless in my case) in addition the the Exhaust results in a major improvement in top end grunt as well as sounding real nice. When the Turbo's spool up you really hear them (sounds like a Jet engine). Just one more thing that make's this Car even more Intimidating to others is the sound of it when I step on the Gas. Sometimes I do wish it was a little Louder, but in reality if you had to do any kind of extended commute the exhaust note would be to loud to be enjoyable. I would say my setup is just perfect for the average daily driver......................
    Do you get smogged in FL? If so do you pass with no cats? I'm considering it but I don't want to get my balls broken when I go in for emissions testing.

I raised a crap about the Milltek LS can and tip fitment a couple years back but its just part of the fitment and design of the exhaust. I ended up bending the LS pipes just a tad to fit my needs.

Sound of the non-res is perfect in tone and sound level. Gone is the factory puff or flutter from the factory SE system.

I would choose Milltek again in an instant. As a matter of fact when I sell the SE exhaust off #2 I will order the same Milltek for #2.

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    i would like to change my ABT exhaust(actually only rear cans are ABT) with the cat-back non-resonated Milltek system but i can't really decide whether it is a good choice or not, from listening on youtube i can't really tell if it does worth, it doesn't sound much different than the stock one or does it??? who actually has it here and could chime in with some real feedback? any improvement on the performance side?

i am about to pull the trigger and get the Milltek non-resonated, i am only waiting for the confirmation of the seller that they have it in stock and will hit the button , found it for a good price, cca. $1200 shipped to Abu Dhabi from UK, i hope he will confirm this price as well , will i be able to get it fixed myself or do i need to go to my mech? i don't have a lift so i will probably use jacks...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I raised a crap about the Milltek LS can and tip fitment a couple years back but its just part of the fitment and design of the exhaust. I ended up bending the LS pipes just a tad to fit my needs.
    My fit is not the best either but it is solid. I have looked at it a couple of times on the lift to see what I can do adjust it. My left side occasionally rattles on bumps too. Oh and as pointed out it is not perfectly straight.

Since I didn't install mine I don't know much about the history.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Mik15, can I ask where you ordered the Milltek exhaust? Sounds well cheap compared to proces around here.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

from UK, but i am paying without VAT since i am outside EU, so this is the reason for being cheaper!
    http://milltekexhaust.pumaspeed.co.uk

well it turned out to be close to $1600 in the end as their initial quotation on shipping was wrong on their website, looks like the cat-back system weigh 40Kg(cca 80lbs) and not 38lbs as posted on their website....i wonder how much does the stock one weigh because even the Milltek seems to be quite heavy....