Thread: MIR June 1-2, 2013

MIR June 1-2, 2013

It was my first time at Memphis International Raceway. It was with the PCA Mid South Region. I went with a group of BMW guys from Little Rock. The track had been paved a few days prior and we popped it!

I was talking to one of the event organizers on the first day, and he was talking about the gravel and rough spots on the old track. He stated cars were taking a beating with headlights being cracked, cars being chipped badly, tires being chewed up, and windshields being cracked. He had just gotten the windshield issue spoken when a driver walked up and said "He had become the first casualty". A bolt had flown up and cracked his windshield with some pieces going into the cabin. It was a freak item and no other reports during the weekend.

A couple of laps. I was normally at around 135 - 142 at end of the straight coming out of "Grants Tomb" as they call it. It isn't a highly technical track..but it was a lot fun. If you have the opportunity to give MIR a shot- I say go for it!

210K miles rolled

Very cool. I love these vids. Looks like the Audi managed the other Germans pretty well!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I'll be taking my car to Pacific Raceways tomorrow -- first track day ever. I'm using your video as inspiration!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

^Congrats and you will have too much fun! You probably have already done it-- be sure to put some track brake fluid in (Motul RBF600, Pro Speed RS683, etc..), and slap some track brake pads on her(you will toast OEM or street pads with significant braking). If I can help answer any questions, feel free to pm me and I'll offer my less than .03 worth.

I look forward to hearing about your adventure.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Very cool. I love these vids. Looks like the Audi managed the other Germans pretty well!
    LOL- It was great fun. The Turbo Porsche in the above vid decided to take the "hot pit" exit later in the video when I caught back up to him. He just couldn't give up the "point-by"- LOL

The 10 year old car had plenty of attention from the new crowd. Lots of "That car has how many miles??", "What engine is in that thing??", and multiple "I love the roar!" including from a flag worker that was manning "Grant's Tomb".
    210K miles rolled