Thread: This is the best Audi Forum By Far

This is the best Audi Forum By Far

After being on this forum for seven years, I have spent the last couple of day perusing other like audizine etc. Either they are full and I mean full of advertising or nobody contributes or even seems interested. Thank you for putting together a professional environment where we can share our love of our audis. Well Done

I agree. This is how a forum should work.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Yeah..we are pretty responsive as a group...
    2013 Audi S8

... (says the Nissan guy)
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

I agree, though I don't know too much about the other forums other than glancing at them.

It is great meeting forum members in person as well.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Yes it is, that's why many of us donated to Erik a while back! The ads on other sites are just horrid to navigate through, plus there is great info in this group, thanks!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Agree! I have actually decided against some cars based on the (non)responsiveness of the forum members! The only forum that comes close to being as helpful in my experience is the myE28 forum. But even there some people act like you should know everything about everything and that you're an idiot for asking questions. Also most of the other Audi forums seem to be just full of 12 year old kids who wish they had an Audi but instead just have giant Internet balls.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Yep I belong to countless forums. I only pay attention to 2. This one and 6speedonline, 996 turbo forum....
    2013 Audi S8

Having been on this forum for a while, and listening more than posting, I have been so impressed by the knowledge of folks on this board. There are so many who work on these cars and understand the nuances of them, and appreciate and acknowledge how special and unique these cars are. I have to say I am so pleased to see DHall back on the forum- if there was ever a truer RS6.com contributor, with my same political leanings, they are not apparent. Honestly, while I have had occasional notions to sell my car, such as now when I am without it and awaiting a resolution of an unusual issue, the bank of knowledge here makes me hold on. What's a few hundred thousand miles anyway?
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Watch out papadoc, they may put tin hats on us. I hope Obamacare is not cutting you off at the knees because its actually paying off for our household. CERN go chart it, my wife works for them in a significant capacity. Adventist just signed a 2.9B deal...yeeks. That and banks are lending to consumers (I'm in lending) so I tend to shut up these days and ferret my money away. The FED has already printed the money and handed it to the banks so let them loan it out again. There is no other car I would rather drive every day thus my purchase of low mileage #2 for daily use so the forum is stuck with me for a few more years. Funny story, my wife drove #2 over the weekend and put maybe 100 miles on #2 for the first time actually driving a RS6. She looked at me and said "you are still crazy but that is one nice car". She may end up with the A8L in the near future. Good luck with your repairs it can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Having been on this forum for a while, and listening more than posting, I have been so impressed by the knowledge of folks on this board. There are so many who work on these cars and understand the nuances of them, and appreciate and acknowledge how special and unique these cars are. I have to say I am so pleased to see DHall back on the forum- if there was ever a truer RS6.com contributor, with my same political leanings, they are not apparent. Honestly, while I have had occasional notions to sell my car, such as now when I am without it and awaiting a resolution of an unusual issue, the bank of knowledge here makes me hold on. What's a few hundred thousand miles anyway?

Thanks everyone.

I am thinking about installing Tapatalk to make it easier for smartphones and iPads etc. to use the forum.

I haven't investigated costs / work, but I hope it's doable.

At the moment I'm getting about 100 spam bots trying to register to the forum, not too happy about all that work as there are one or two real people wanting to become part to the forum, and they're
    not easy to spot.

I intend to continue running the forum as is. There is a little google ads, but that's it.

All I need now is a test drive in the new RS6....
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Erik, thanks again. I tried to sign up to another audi forum and they ended up giving me some childish nickname as they do to any new user. I told em to grow the f up and take me off the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I hope Obamacare is not cutting you off at the knees because its actually paying off for our household. CERN go chart it, my wife works for them in a significant capacity.
    Lots of knife marks on our shins, but we're hanging tough. And my hospital (part of Dignity Health) also is a CERN customer, yes lots of $$ flowing out of healthcare into EMRs that make more work for everyone, have been shown to actually raise costs and have never been shown to reduce errors, but hey, it's a free country and Epic and Cerner had great lobbyists convincing the idjuts in DC that this was needed. I've actually thought about picking up another RS6 as well, as they're sadly now going for a downpayment on anything else I might want to drive...that won't have this forum!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Since when did our government ever save money. Lol

The 2.9B deal was Revworks not EMR. Cerner will own the whole deal. Front end and billing/collections.

#2 was another SoCal one owner with 34k miles. It has full 3 1/2 years of Extended warranty left. I paid less than $30k for it. No brainier.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Lots of knife marks on our shins, but we're hanging tough. And my hospital (part of Dignity Health) also is a CERN customer, yes lots of $$ flowing out of healthcare into EMRs that make more work for everyone, have been shown to actually raise costs and have never been shown to reduce errors, but hey, it's a free country and Epic and Cerner had great lobbyists convincing the idjuts in DC that this was needed. I've actually thought about picking up another RS6 as well, as they're sadly now going for a downpayment on anything else I might want to drive...that won't have this forum!