Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These cars might be more expensive working than when broke......

These cars might be more expensive working than when broke......

Coming home today in Thing 1 (Sportec chipped). Trying to be good.....middle lane running up the hill, doing 5 over. See a 911 coming in the left lane.....oh boy )

Managed to goad the driver into playing by not letting him pass twice......I guess they decided to they were going to be done with me.....watch him go by in the left lane on a run.....as he goes by see the word "turbo" on the tail......"oh boy, a challenge!!"

About 8 car lengths on Thing 1......went by him shortly thereafter, at a fairly good clip.....Thing 1 solid as a rock......

Next time, I should hang up and drive....

More expensive? Ticket?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    More expensive? Ticket?
    I'm pretty sure the speed I was going involved more than a ticket. More like "exit the vehicle, turn around, put your hands on the back of your head and walk backward toward the sound on my voice" and at least one night in jail.

I hear you, might is the key word there...I've caught myself a few times, it's just too easy, was a Porsche last time too.

Side note, guy got arrested here last week, was trying to race a mustang with his modded sti...problem was mustang was unmarked patrol, and guy had his kids in the backseat and wife up front, yea...cuffed on the side of the road.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I came home, handed my wife the keys and said "here, take these away for a while". Problem is, she's been 10 over what I was doing :/

Very funny
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

In cases like these , it's nice that my fiancee is a Sheriff!
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    In cases like these , it's nice that my fiancee is a Sheriff!
    Hahah winner

I think I need to find a way to rent an airport once a week, just to get the speed out of my system.

Speedweeks in Bonneville starts this week. Thing 1 will be there, but could never run for time as the rules are way too restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Speedweeks in Bonneville starts this week. Thing 1 will be there, but could never run for time as the rules are way too restrictive.

What do they restrict? I wish I was closer to do that. I need somewhere in Florida, I want to test the top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    What do they restrict? I wish I was closer to do that. I need somewhere in Florida, I want to test the top speed.
    Full roll cage, gutted interior, 2 halon bottles for starters. Friends of ours help put it on each year. Fun to watch, but would be more fun to run.

Full roll cage, gutted interior, 2 halon bottles for starters. Friends of ours help put it on each year. Fun to watch, but would be more fun to run.

How was Top Gear allowed to run timed then?

Quote Originally Posted by SensoRS6 View Post
    How was Top Gear allowed to run timed then?
    Depends on the event and sponsor I think....SCTA (Southern California Timing Association) runs Speedweek....then there is World of Speed and I'm not sure about their rules. Maybe time to sneak out there this week before the event

Depends on the event and sponsor I think....SCTA (Southern California Timing Association) runs Speedweek....then there is World of Speed and I'm not sure about their rules. Maybe time to sneak out there this week before the event

So Jealous!

My days of street Racing are 30yrs ago. I never race unknown vehicles on public streets.

If you want the fast lane then take it. Just get out of my way when I do.

Except when Pat comes down and spanks me with my old car

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    My days of street Racing are 30yrs ago. I never race unknown vehicles on public streets.

If you want the fast lane then take it. Just get out of my way when I do.

Except when Pat comes down and spanks me with my old car
    I shouldn't have done it....I'm 47...about to be 48...and getting caught means reporting to the government for my job....but was it a thrill to destroy a 911 turbo....ummm.....yes....

I could go to a track, where a special prepped Honda Civic with a guy that has put his life savings into it would spank the RS with a big turbo...but what fun is that? Rather spank the guy with more money than god that thought he was something....

I remember the time I came home after an "overly spirited" run and told my wife, "if anyone comes to the house, you need to say that I've been here for hours".

She was confused, and a bit worried.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats