Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: 6 Speed Manual Swap Kit in NJ/Phlia

For Sale: 6 Speed Manual Swap Kit in NJ/Phlia

Complete C5 6mt swap kit up for grabs. Decided to take a trip to Europe this summer before starting the next project and I wont be needing this for a while. If it sells before I leave, more cash for the trip, if not, no worries it will be here when I get back.

All parts from one donor (2000 A6 2.7t 6mt) car that was parted out at 140k.

Included:

01E, doesn't need anything, shifts fine but I dont think I could ever recommend putting one of these guys in your car without a fresh rebuild while you have it out.

Trans mounting ring
    All linkage, shifter trim, knob, boot, insulation, etc.
    Driveshaft
    Front Axles and Carriers (one a recent replacement)
    Rear Diff
    Pedals
    Master & Slave Cyl
    ECU (if for A6/Allroad)

I have all the hardware in a box for the driveshaft, axles, rear diff, etc, although I would recommend you purchasing new hardware for a fresh install.

I feel like Im forgetting a few things, but I probably have them. Email for fastest response. PICKUP ONLY PLEASE from 08062. Could travel an hour or so in any direction for a distant but serious buyer if the schedule allows.

Asking $2000. Thanks for your interest.

Tim B
    tjb616@gmail.com
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    6mt Ultrasport K04 & Bolt-ons Daily
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

Too bad this is pickup only. I would be all over it.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

PM'd you.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

Just as a side note for those interested parties, it's not a "complete" swap kit as advertised. For example, it doesn't include any of the swap parts you need from Steveken's kit, such as the custom flywheel, adapter or starter, nor does it come with a clutch.

Sorry for not specifying. Yes you still need a clutch, flywheel and a tune. SteveKens kit is not required, but it is certainly the best option with his kit. Ive been directing inquiries to him already. But for the record, you do not *need* a starter or adapter if your willing to notch the block for the oem starter and are willing to run without all of the bell housing mounting points utilized.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

Agreed, but what you're selling isn't a "kit" at all. "Kit" implies a bolt on affair, like what Steve sells for the swap. What you're selling is just a bunch of stock A6 2.7T parts.

The parts included in this "kit" were clearly written out. I think anyone can understand what is offered here and what it needed to complete this swap. If I were going down the six speed path then I would want to buy the bulk of the parts in such a manner. GLWS

I just wanted to make sure that prospective buyers understand that this isn't a "kit" for swapping a 6-speed in their RS6. If they want it to be a bolt on affair, i.e. a kit, they'll need to buy Steve's kit, along with a clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    The parts included in this "kit" were clearly written out. I think anyone can understand what is offered here and what it needed to complete this swap. If I were going down the six speed path then I would want to buy the bulk of the parts in such a manner. GLWS

Thanks. It certainly wasnt meant to be deciving. And it is a bolt on affair... with a clutch, which isnt in the parts included list. If you dont know that you need a clutch to install a manual trans, you probably shouldnt be attempting the project. Everyone who has PM'd me has been pointed in Steves direction before you even posted, and Ive already requested an email address from Steve via PM for potential buyers who are not members of this board. Thanks again. Happy to answer any questions.

EDIT: If trimming the block for the oem starter takes it out of the realm of "bolt-on" for you, then you are correct. But in my expirence, most "bolt on" kits from across the industry require some degree of trimming or persuasion. But as proven by members of this board, the trans does "bolt on" to the RS6 block without custom brackets mounts or adapers.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

Well if anything you must mean "half" a bolt-on then since only about half of the engine to trans bolts are used and the other half of the holes are empty without Steve's kit. :-)

You're also forgetting that a custom flywheel is needed.

Either way, what you're selling is just a bevy of stock A6 2.7T parts. There's no "complete kit" here. And there's also a lot more work that you have to do than shave the block. If somebody reads this and thinks oh great I'll snatch this "complete kit" up and have my mechanic bolt the 6-speed in over the weekend, they're going to be sorely mistaken and disappointed. Just thought that needed clarification since this is far from a "complete kit" needed to swap a 6-speed into an RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by tjb616 View Post
    EDIT: If trimming the block for the oem starter takes it out of the realm of "bolt-on" for you, then you are correct. But in my expirence, most "bolt on" kits from across the industry require some degree of trimming or persuasion. But as proven by members of this board, the trans does "bolt on" to the RS6 block without custom brackets mounts or adapers.

To be fair, I don't think he advertised it as a swap kit for a RS6..just a swap kit...for anything else..it would probably woerk with a few more aprts..if you are smart enough or brave enough to do a swap, you should have already done your homework and know what you need...and what this kitm includes..
    2013 Audi S8

Of course he did lol. Read the title of the thread and the first sentence of his post.

There's no need to derail his thread further. It was clarified that it's not a bolt-on kit, rather just a bunch of A6 2.7T parts that he's selling. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    To be fair, I don't think he advertised it as a swap kit for a RS6..just a swap kit...for anything else..it would probably woerk with a few more aprts..if you are smart enough or brave enough to do a swap, you should have already done your homework and know what you need...and what this kitm includes..

I see where is says C5..I don't see anything that says RS6? Maybe I did miss something...no worries..don't need it anyway...
    2013 Audi S8

He's describing it as a "C5 6mt swap kit" and "6 Speed Manual Swap Kit" for sale on an RS6 forum. Of course he's selling it as a "kit" for the RS6... What other car do you think it's for? Are you really that naive or just arguing this for the sake of arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I see where is says C5..I don't see anything that says RS6? Maybe I did miss something...no worries..don't need it anyway...

I guess at almost 50rs old..I'm naive...I don't argue..I merely state the facts as I know them and move on. I guess it's impossible for you to understand that people here MAY have something OTHER than a RS6, and don't really visit other forums...I'm out...

To the OP. good luck with sale.
    2013 Audi S8

Thanks guys. Cant help but shake my head a little. Semantics at this point, but its a C5 6 speed swap kit, as it says in the title. I have had twice as many emails from 2.7t and 4.2 C5 A6 guys about these parts as I have from RS6 owners (hence the included ecu and the note about it) and for most of those, it is a direct complete "kit" (short of the clutch setup). Truth be told I copied and pasted my Audizine ad here.

Regardless, Ive had at least 3 phone conversations with RS6 owners, and Ive been sharing the knowledge I have gained about the swap with each of them. I would never sell the kit to someone under the impression they are going to install it over a weekend without any additional parts or effort.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

No worries tjb

You're good here. Post a link to your Audizine ad. Your low post count here may deter potential buyers but if you have good reps at zine it could add confidence.

Put the package on a pallet and you should have a buyer in a week.

Yeah, I think we're straight now...good luck Tim, if you change your mind about my car..give me a call back...have a nice trip to Europe...
    2013 Audi S8