Thread: 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Pack vs Audi R8 V-10 Plus

2014 Nissan GT-R Track Pack vs Audi R8 V-10 Plus

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-13...-V-10-Plus.htm

Carlos Lago pits the 2014 Nissan GTR Track Pack against the 2014 Audi R8 V10 Plus. Performance wise, both these allwheel drive monsters represent the cream of the crop from their respective manufacturers. Nissan's GTR comes out of the gate swinging with it's track pack, but the R8 packs a twinclutch transmission as well as more power than previous R8's. In between some dynamic testing canyon carving, Randy Pobst weighs in with his two cents as he joins Carlos at the Streets of Willow racetrack.

I am definitely a self-professed GTR FanBoi since the R35 debuted and I really enjoyed watching this video. I believe given the choice, I'd choose the GTR but the Audi is definitely a more special car and most likely better trimmed. I've had the privelege to drive several GTRs now ranging from stock '09s to modified '12s and they are a sheer joy to drive. They are amazingly responsive for their size and the way they gain speed on the top end is almost beyond belief. The Audi makes, arguably, a better noise and the interior is definitely nicer but at the same time you could buy a GTR and an S4 to daily and modify the GTR pretty heavily for the price of the V10 Plus. The Audi is definitely great, especially with the DSG trans but there's no argument, in my opinion, that the GTR will go down as one of the greatest performance bargains of all time, even at it's current $100k+ price tag.
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint