Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ECU/TCU tunes???

Best ECU/TCU tunes???

Recently got the Milltek catless downpipes and non resonated exhaust installed!!!! Loving it so far. Still need to do the ecu and looking to do the tcu. Can anyone suggest what to do with the tcu and who should i use for my ecu. Looking to do this asap!!! Any info will be helpful. I was considering taking a drive to see EPL in C.T. but gonna wait to see what the majority says.... Thanks for any feedback!!!!
    2003 RS6 Daytona gray, ebony interior, KW coilover suspension, Cupra Lip.

EPL is good. Add Eurocharged, APR, and Viper.

Mtm tcu is good. There a place in Canada that will do it for you. Viper does a tcu as well, to match their tune. Good words have been spoken about both.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Thanks for the info 4everRS. I've heard alot about viper. How would I get in touch with someone from there. I'm ready to do this!!! LOL. You'll have to excuse me, I'm new to the RS6 family!!!

What he said...and welcome! Now set aside $7k for new TC and Trans once the extra power eats them up

So how did the dp install go, and you've got a cel now right? You'll need a tune that will code it out.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    What he said...and welcome! Now set aside $7k for new TC and Trans once the extra power eats them up

So how did the dp install go, and you've got a cel now right? You'll need a tune that will code it out.
    I took it to a local shop (KMD tuning) by me to get the job done. It set me back a few bucks because they had to shift the engine in order to get to the dp's. but nothing on these cars are cheap!!! Comes with the territory. I do have a cel now, Can't wait to tune this thing. seeing the light on the dash bothers me like crazy. I would love to do a 6mt in the near future. if my trans goes i guess i'll just go for the swap. Just curious to know how much that will cost me. I don't plan on selling this badboy so i look at it as an investment.

Contact Rich@vipertuning.com. He'll code out your O2 sensors so that cel won't come up. Also have him do left foot braking. I did what he calls stage 2. A little more boost and the o2 delete and lf braking. It was 550 gbp, so about 850 greenbacks. Plan on a week turnaround. Rich is great to work with. Tell him Kyle in mn sent you.

Welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by RM_RS6 View Post
    Thanks for the info 4everRS. I've heard alot about viper. How would I get in touch with someone from there. I'm ready to do this!!! LOL. You'll have to excuse me, I'm new to the RS6 family!!!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Welcome and congrats. Go ahead and schedule an appointment with Tony at EPL, after you call and chat with him. He can baseline and tune the car on their in-house Mustang dyno. He can get rid of any CEL's you may have and code out anything you need. One stop shopping. My car is there now and might be back on the dyno Monday or Tuesday. My TCU w/MTM is there too...
    2013 Audi S8

PM sent.......

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Welcome and congrats. Go ahead and schedule an appointment with Tony at EPL, after you call and chat with him. He can baseline and tune the car on their in-house Mustang dyno. He can get rid of any CEL's you may have and code out anything you need. One stop shopping. My car is there now and might be back on the dyno Monday or Tuesday. My TCU w/MTM is there too...

Quote Originally Posted by RM_RS6 View Post
    I took it to a local shop (KMD tuning) by me to get the job done. It set me back a few bucks because they had to shift the engine in order to get to the dp's. but nothing on these cars are cheap!!! Comes with the territory. I do have a cel now, Can't wait to tune this thing. seeing the light on the dash bothers me like crazy. I would love to do a 6mt in the near future. if my trans goes i guess i'll just go for the swap. Just curious to know how much that will cost me. I don't plan on selling this badboy so i look at it as an investment.
    Sounds good, yep tough to get those dp's out. There are great threads on the 6mt, about $10k seems. You got some good info here. And put a water/meth kit on, best $1,500 spent to cool things down with a tune.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have MTM for both the ECU and TCU, great but the ECU is very expensive compared to the rest. I would use whoever (listed above) that can provide real numbers (not ARP, etc) who's are a little exaggerated. I would also focus on the intake so the beast can inhale efficiently also. I have Dahlback racing intake which is really great, but pricey.
    Best of luck with your search.

Regardless of hp claims, APR is one of the best tunes out there for the RS6. I had it on my other RS6 and its a rocket, with excellent data logs. The problem with it is that its waaaay too much money. I believe they still want almost 3k for the ECU/TCU combo. With time has come competition in the pricing. I particularly liked the different modes, and the ability to do throttle body adaptation. No one to this day offers that. I still when with Viper on my current rs6. Much better pricing, and you get all of what makes APR great, without the TB adaptation, and selectable modes. Also without the high price.

Quote Originally Posted by formula1man View Post
    I have MTM for both the ECU and TCU, great but the ECU is very expensive compared to the rest. I would use whoever (listed above) that can provide real numbers (not ARP, etc) who's are a little exaggerated. I would also focus on the intake so the beast can inhale efficiently also. I have Dahlback racing intake which is really great, but pricey.
    Best of luck with your search.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Regardless of hp claims, APR is one of the best tunes out there for the RS6. I had it on my other RS6 and its a rocket, with excellent data logs. The problem with it is that its waaaay too much money. I believe they still want almost 3k for the ECU/TCU combo. With time has come competition in the pricing. I particularly liked the different modes, and the ability to do throttle body adaptation. No one to this day offers that. I still when with Viper on my current rs6. Much better pricing, and you get all of what makes APR great, without the TB adaptation, and selectable modes. Also without the high price.
    I have the apr ecu/tcu which personally was one of the best investments at $2400 seven years ago. Expensive compared to what, $ per enjoyment ratio can't be beat. When you can spend the same amount of money on new exhaust for 10-20 hp gain. Initial hp gain was 75 hp and 125 lbs of torque with the 93 octance setting, with the 100 octane setting plus aces iv off the charts. Look at what apr is doing to 2013 s7, s6, solid stuff.

Giac ftw!!!

You could always give these guys a try.

The results are amazing. But if you call them..."We have never produced a lean tune for the RS6" I got the data logs from this car boys.

Wow, that's pretty crazy. That's the first RS6 engine failure I've heard about and based on your photo, it does look tuning related indeed. Do you have anymore details on that car? Mileage, modifications, fuel grade, ambient temp, elevation, etc?

Dave, I told you to stop using regular!

Ouch man, so what is the exact failure? Gonna go add more fuel to my tune...

I do worry about other issues causing lean; injectors, filter, pump...

Exhaust valve heads popped off.

Sodium filled exhaust valves. Same valves as the Gumpert Apollo running 800hp.

GIAC wrecked that engine.

It only took how many years of looking/analyzing/inspecting logs and then BOOM! physical proof in yer face!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

For all those who think Dave is crazy, first of all you're exactly right.

However, he is passionate about correctly tuning cars, and is obviously not afraid to talk about it. He knows shit. But yes, he's also crazy.