Thread: RNS-E, XM & iPod Integration

RNS-E, XM & iPod Integration

I upgraded my RNS-E to the latest unit with Zawa. My prior RNS-E also had Bluetooth, XM and a Dice iPod player. The Bluetooth works fine, but the SM module and Dice aren't working. As I did the install of the head unit, I assume it's my error in some way. But, I thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone has any thoughts. I'm happy to upgrade the XM/Sirius Module and Dice, if necessary. I realize I can load up SD cards, and I did purchase several in an effort to load my iTunes songs, but, of course NOTHING'S easy, as they aren't recognized by the player. I assume that's a formatting issue, and I have started to read about converting them to .mp3 and then loading them. As I said, though, nothing's simple anymore.

Some recommended the AMI (Audi Music Interface) to connect the iPod, but I don't think the C5 accommodates it. Does anyone know?

Or, if anyone has any better recommendations, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

CW

I had the old RNS-E which I had to upgrade the XM module for from stock and also upgraded to the latest RNS-E and my XM module still works perfectly. Maybe some of the later modules are compatible with both and maybe some are not? The XM should go right through the adapter plug with most other functions so you might see if you can check all of the pins against the wiring diagram?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

The old XM modules wont work with the new gen RNS-E so you will need to upgrade that. They are cheap though. Ask Adam for compatible part numbers and he should have some info on that. On the Dice, did Adam code it for you to have external audio source? Sounds like the RNS-E might need to be coded for the Dice. Do you see your Dice as an audio source on the RNS-E screen?

For song files, yes, need to convert to MP3. Pretty easy in itunes.

AMI, not compatible because it uses CAN exclusively and C5 will not send information to it via CAN. There are some who have tried and I think they have made some progress with continued efforts... its still open for "possible" retrofit.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad